January 2012 Moms
Options

Naps

So here's the deal: DD will take two cat naps (about 45 minutes to an hour) in the early morning around 8:30/9 and then again around 11/12. Then, she'll be up until 4 and sleep until 7, which means she's not down for the night until 10. 

She used to take her long nap much earlier in the afternoon which meant she was down for the night at 8. It was bliss as DH and I got some nice, quiet adult time in the evenings. 

Any ideas on how to get her back on that earlier napping schedule? I half-heartedly tried to wake her at 5:30 but she was having none of it. 

Also, feel free to flame me if you have a LO who won't nap. I probably deserve it for b*tching about nothing.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Naps

• Options
    Best I can offer is maybe try making early afternoon an ideal time for a nap.  Turn off the loud appliances and let her hang out in the crib.  Maybe she'll get the idea and adjust her naptime.  Otherwise, just let her sleep when she can.  No need to keep her up when she does sleep because it'll backfire.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options

No flames here! But I am jealous your little one naps more than 45 min at a time! 

Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry no advice. My dd takes her long nap early morning and I just sleep an extra hour or to :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options

Try keeping her awake for her early morning naps. This is what I did when I wanted to get both my LO's on the same napping schedule with them napping starting at 12:30.

DD2 will get up for the day around 7:00, go down for a 45 min nap around 9:00 then I keep her awake until noonish, both girls are down for naps around this time, then DD2 is awake around 3:00 or 4:00 if not then I wake her up. She is then to bed for the night between 6:30 and 7:00.

DD1 was a horrible sleeper and I read just about everybook about sleep and the only thing that worked for her was getting her on a set schedule so when DD2 arrived I tried to get her sleeping around the same times right away.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"