VBAC
Options

VBAC after twins?

xoexpatxoexpat member
I am expecting twins in early October.  These are our first children.  I've pretty much already decided on a C-section due to the possibility of having a mixed delivery and an emergency c-section scenario.  My Dr. said that in my state VBAC is not very common.  And I was wondering if specifically, anyone has had VBAC after giving birth to twins or multiples.

Re: VBAC after twins?

• Options
    I honestly don't see how a multiples c/s would be much different than a single, unless one of or both of the babies are in a position that they had to do a different type of incision (the low transverse, aka "bikini cut" are ideal for vbacs), or if there are other complications during your surgery.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    I have twins and am planning a VBAC with this singleton.  I only had to have a csection because baby B was breech and the Drs on wouldn't let me go for vaginal delivery. They say I'm a perfect candidate for VBAC.  I did switch to a midwifery practice and different hospital with lower csection rates in hopes that I'll be able to go more natural! 
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"