January 2012 Moms

Hair loss and linea nigra :o

I'm going bald! And my linea nigra is still there. How about you?

On the bright side, I was finally able to jam my rings back on my finger a couple of days ago. Still a bit snug but tolerable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hair loss and linea nigra :o

• Are you still taking prenatals? I haven't noticed my hair falling out like everybody talks about, but I'm still taking the vitamins, so I wonder if that matters. Linea Nigra-- I fear it will never go away, but the dark ring that was around my formerly stretched out belly button is gone! Yay! It actually looks the same as it did before I got preggo.
  •  No linea nigra, just total destruction from stretch marks :( I have not experienced hair loss either. I'm not sure why, I'm not doing anything special. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • My hair loss has started too! My DH has been complaining that there is hair everywhere... I remind him it was like that before I was pregnant, he just doesn't remember.
  • I'm still taking prenatals. I have been taking them for close to 4 years now. And the hairloss just started not quite two weeks ago. My hair was kind of the same throughout my pregnancy, then got a bit better towards the end and then got really awesome. Then it started to fall out like crazy! :o I hope it will stop soon.

Yes, thank god the dark ring around the belly button is gone. I"m worried about the linea nigra, my MIL said hers never went away. :/

• My OB said it'll take 9 months for the Linea nigra to go away. One of those it took 9 months to get there it'll take 9 months to go away. I got my at 7 months so I'm hoping for 7 months or less
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I lost a lot of hair after my first, even with taking prenatal vitamins.  But I was BFing and pregnant all at once so I'm sure it took a toll on my body.

So far I seem to be doing okay this time, not a lot of hair loss and I honestly haven't even checked to see if my linea negra is still there.

DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Still taking prenatals and hair is not falling out.  Linea nigra is faiding.

About the hair, I actually lost hair during pregnancy and gained it afterward. Likewise, a lot of people have started complimenting me on the thickness of my fine hair, including my husband tonight.  He said it looks a lot fuller now than when I was pregnant. I really do not get it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"