Success after IF
Options

Help - beta numbers for FET... (for SIL)

So my SIL had her FET beta today.... 9dp5dt (so 14dpo) and it was 32.    The clinic said 50 was the magic number.   So this number is just torture.   Not low enough to know the pregnancy isn't viable, not high enough to feel good about it.    It just sucks. 

Anyone have similar FET betas?   Betabase isn't super helpful or encouraging... the median beta at this point is over 100.   :-/   

My SIL has had 7 fresh IVF cycles, 4 FETs, a m/c of twins...   she has two sons after all of that which are the most amazing blessing of her life, but this has been their last few cycles to try for a 3rd and use all of their remaining frozen embryos.   To be in beta hell now just blows.    Anything you can offer would be helpful to survive the wait until Friday.    good or bad.    Thanks!

Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
Because we're fancy like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help - beta numbers for FET... (for SIL)

• Options

I firmly believe FET betas result in lower initial numbers - but im a lawyer not a doctor, so what do i know? Did she test positive at home before beta? I only ask because if she was testing positive on a digital 2 days ago and now she is 32 it would to me be a pretty strong indication of a c/p. WIth my 6th IVF (FET) I got pregnant with DD1 and it was a beta at 9dp6dt of 53. It didn't show up as positive at home until the day before though, so my numbers were rising and indicated a late implanter.  I really don't think 32 is terrible assuming the same thing - a later implanter - but if she tested positive earlier, i'll be honest and say it is not looking good...

• Options

7dp 5dt=21.  My clinics cut off for positive pregnancy was 20.  At 9dp 5dt beta was 27.  :/. 48 hours later it was 69 and kept doubling normally from there.  I was losing a twin but growing a healthy Vivi. 

Beta hell  is the worst.  I hope she gets good news at her next appt.

Eta: this was a FET.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't have a FET but for my last fresh IVF, I had super low betas at 10dp5dt and it resulted in my now-15-month-old daughter.  My first beta (at 15 dpo) was 23.7, my second (at 17dpo) was 58.7 and it kept more than doubling from there.  I know it wasn't an FET but since IVFs typically have higher betas out of the gate, I thought it was relevant at least for showing a low beta that led to a healthy child.  GL to your SIL!
    5 IUIs | 4 IVFs | 2 sweet little girls Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have never done a FET, but I feel like a second beta will give her so much more info. Hope things work out!!!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    I was 67 at 12dpt. Seems good to me
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Me! Me! ME!!

38 at 9dp5dt. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"