Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Formula displacement

If I make a 7 oz bottle that becomes 8 oz due to displacement when I add the powder, how many oz is my baby eating, 7 or 8?? I'm so confused haha..

Re: Formula displacement

• It's a 7 oz bottle because it's 7 ounces of liquid.  If someone told you to drink an 8 ounce glass of milk and you pureed a bunch of fruit and put it in and it bounced up to 10, you'd still say you'd had 8 ounces of milk.  One scoop of formula (generally- it can vary with speciality formulas) makes a 2 ounce bottle (which will look just over 2 once you make it).  I'm guessing you use 3.5 scoops, right?
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Correct... I guess the confusion lies in what he actually drinks. Sometimes it's the full 7 (8?) oz.. Other times he drinks 6 or 7 oz... But in terms of formula I'm not sure what he's taking in. I guess it's not a big deal it's just confusing.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecallalilly323:
    Correct... I guess the confusion lies in what he actually drinks. Sometimes it's the full 7 (8?) oz.. Other times he drinks 6 or 7 oz... But in terms of formula I'm not sure what he's taking in. I guess it's not a big deal it's just confusing.

I see what you mean - what if he doesn't actually drink it all, right?  It's one of those things that's not an exact science and it's not going to be a big deal either way (unless he's having weight issues).  If he drinks about half, you eye ball it and guess it's about 3.5-4 ounces of formula.

Formerly known as elmoali :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"