November 2011 Moms
Options

Recommend your SUV

Dh and I are currently looking to purchase a SUV. We have come to the conclusion that our little sedan isnt cutting it...Any recommendations? We are looking for something that isn't horrible on gas, not too big but big enough to have stroller, groceries, etc...

Thanks!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend your SUV

• Options
    I have a Ford Escape and I love it. Not too big and the gas mileage is pretty good for an SUV.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm ridiculously in love with my buick rendezvous. It seats 7 but really either 5 and stuff or 7 and no stuff. the rear seat folds completely flat. They stopped making them so they are usually really cheap. They are loaded and get about 20 MPG.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LOVE my Ford Edge
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have a toyota Rav 4 and we love it.
  • Options
    I just bought a new Jeep Grand Cherokee and I loveeee it. It gets about 25mpg on the highway. It's also very roomy in the backseat and the trunk area.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If you plan to have multiple kids, I recommend taking some car seats to the car dealership and making sure that they fit behind passengers.  This will depend on how tall you are, but our Jeep Cherokee would not fit 2 rear facing car seats and neither would a lot of the mid-size SUVs we tried.  Jeep Grand Cherokee was one that wouldn't work, can't remember what else (this will depend on how tall you guys are and what car seat you have).  We settled on the Xterra and ended up with a Pathfinder, which is bigger than what you're describing, but we love it.

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have one, but my mom is looking at purchasing a Honda CRV. We test drove it a few weeks ago and it was amazing. I want one now.
  • Options
    We have a Nissan XTerra and we love it! We bought it used because we needed something that could take a beating for a few years.
  • Options

We love our Hyundai SantaFe

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imagetamaralenae:

We love our Hyundai SantaFe

me too!

DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • Options
    We have 2 Honda CRV's. We love that car. 
    Because you're mine, I walk the line....
    Landry Mark: 11/5/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We got a 2012 honda pilot. First car I just LOVE!!!! Seating for 5 or 8. 

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• Options

I will warn against a Buick Rendezvous for one reason: If you ever get any broken glass, if you don't have glass coverage on your insurance you are going to spend at least $1000 over an effing windshield.

I have a Chevy Blazer that I love but DH hates since it only gets 22mpg. FIL has a new Buick Enclave that he loves because it fits all the equipment for his job and 2 car seats.

• Options
    Mazda Tribute :)
    ~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have a Mercury Mountaineer and it is awesome.  It fits the carseat really well and I can fit my jogging stroller and regular stroller in the car.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DH works for Hertz so he gets a company car, sometimes a different one every day so we have 'tested' multiple vehicles.  Here are my likes and dislikes:

No-way:

Jeep Cherokee - way too small for us, feels really cramped

Escape - too small for us, here, too.  We have a lg dog and baby, and it was comfy for us

Durango - I don't think we had the top model, but I think it felt cheapish. 

Yes, Please:

Traverse

Yukon

Acadia

Edge

And surprisingly, I really like the Kia Sorento. 

• Options
    We love our Chevy Traverse! We have a big dog, so usually have the 3rd row down when he is with. Plenty of room with 3rd row up or down for double stroller in back.
  • Options
    imageTimeRacer:

I will warn against a Buick Rendezvous for one reason: If you ever get any broken glass, if you don't have glass coverage on your insurance you are going to spend at least $1000 over an effing windshield.

I have a Chevy Blazer that I love but DH hates since it only gets 22mpg. FIL has a new Buick Enclave that he loves because it fits all the equipment for his job and 2 car seats.

No sh!t?! I had no idea. I guess I should really fix that chip...
  • Options
    imagehoneybee #1:
    imageTimeRacer:

Yup. The Chevy Venture mini vans are the same way. There is a special UV coating on the windshields and it's proprietary, so GM only licensed ONE company to make the glass - unlike most other vehicles when there are at least 2 manufacturers besides the OE manufacturer. Also, since they've stopped making both of those vehicles, the pricing went up a bit there, too.

With chips, check with your agent. A LOT of insurance companies will pay for the cost of a chip repair as long as you have more than liability-only insurance. If you have State Farm, though, you're SOL. Otherwise it's worth a call.

• Options

imagemattschic:
    LOVE my Ford Edge

DItto! We just upgraded to this!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageTimeRacer:
    imagehoneybee #1:
    imageTimeRacer:

Yup. The Chevy Venture mini vans are the same way. There is a special UV coating on the windshields and it's proprietary, so GM only licensed ONE company to make the glass - unlike most other vehicles when there are at least 2 manufacturers besides the OE manufacturer. Also, since they've stopped making both of those vehicles, the pricing went up a bit there, too.

With chips, check with your agent. A LOT of insurance companies will pay for the cost of a chip repair as long as you have more than liability-only insurance. If you have State Farm, though, you're SOL. Otherwise it's worth a call.

Ugh, that's crap. Thanks for the warning.
  • Options

We have a Toyota Venza, which is technically a crossover and love it.  It takes 87 octane gas, and for an suv that is a v6, gets decent gas mileage (19 city, 26 hwy).  The interior is very nice for a Toyota, it has a sunroof and a panoramic glass roof (DD always is looking upwards through it).  Also, since it's a crossover, we don't have to step up into it which is nice.  The ride is very, very smooth.  I also like that it's a keyless ignition and it's a great luxury.  The Snugride 35 easily fits into this car. 

We test drove the Rav,the MDX and RDX, but thought the Venza had the most comfortable ride by far.  I liked the Rav far more than I expected to.  In the end, we ended up eliminating a four cylinder option.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"