Preemies
Options

Early Intervention

I know these type of services are specific to states/counties, but I am just looking for some info...

I received info from EI of my county.  My daughter was referred by the hospital because she was 6 weeks early and spent 12 days in the NICU.  She has been home for 2 and a half weeks and is doing great! 

I called EI to find out what they would be looking for during an evaluation.  The woman was not very specific..  Just that they would be looking for delays.  She is a month old, what sort of delays could there be at this point?  My experience with newborns is just the past month with my own. 

Any information/experiences you have had will be appreciated! 

TIA!

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Early Intervention

• Options

a month old seems a little early to look for delays so I am not sure what they would be looking for exactly.

my DD was evaluated at 7 1/2 months (4 1/2 months adjusted). They look at everything from motor skills, feeding, cognitive skills, language, social/emotional skills, etc. There is a huge list of things they are looking at and then they score her to see if she qualifies for services. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our kids were about 6 weeks early and EI came last week. Honestly I thought it was a wasted appointment. My kids were performing like their "real age" not 7 weeks so 2 weeks. They are coming back in the Summer around 4 months... They put them on tummy to see if they lift their heads, respond to your voice etc... Which mine do but they weren't at 7 weeks they were basically newborns...
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We started with EI very early around 6 weeks old (2 weeks adjusted) because DD had brain bleeding. With infants so young there isn't much to look at but they can observe feeding, low muscle tone and monitor other things.
  • Options
    It is always better to start early and treat it as more of a preventative thing.

BPF May 12, 2013 :: EDD Janaury 22, 2013 :: MC Began On July 14, 2013 at 12W4D

Born at 34w2d:

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    My daughter was born at 32 weeks and we had her evaluated at 4months (2mos adjusted).  They gave us some PT execises to do with her and said to have her re-evaluated every 3 months until she is 2.  Our program is free and we live in Chicago.  The number is 1-800-323-GROW.  Hope that helps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"