Two Under 2

How the eff do you do day care drop off?!

I dropped both kids off for the first time today-it was so difficult. I have a very clingy 18 month old, my 2 month old, both their bags, and E's milk to bring in. My older LO will not walk into day care, I have to carry him (it's a busy parking lot and he gets kind of frightened, so it's easier to carry him). 

Any tips for making this a bit easier? Pick up isn't as bad but drop off was so hard this morning! This is a post and run-I have to go pump. I'll be back to check later :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How the eff do you do day care drop off?!

• imagehocus:

Otherwise I'd put your toddler in an umbrella, toss the baby in a bjorn carrier and hand the bags from the stroller.

If you don't want the older one walking in then I'd suggest this.
  • imageMombieZombie2:
    imagehocus:

Otherwise I'd put your toddler in an umbrella, toss the baby in a bjorn carrier and hand the bags from the stroller.

If you don't want the older one walking in then I'd suggest this.

I dont' do daycare but this is how I do everything. Or double stroller. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • What are their bags for?? Could you leave enough supplies diapers, extra clothes there so you don't have to bring bags everyday? And if the bags are for papers etc. Couldn't you just bring one bag in with you at pick up to put there take-home things in?

So then at drop-off you could just have maybe a very small bag with milk and anything to re-stock their drawers/cubby.

And maybe work towards having your older child walk..maybe practice at pick-up or if a low key morning in the parking lot.

The stroller thing to me would be annoying/more work.

I've gotten pretty good at carrying my two year old, and the car seat with bag over my shoulder. :) 

Good Luck. I know this little things that may sound stupid to some are actually things that us moms of 2u2 stress about. We hear you girl :) 

• I used a snap n go for the infant car seat, threw all the bags and supplies in the basket under the stroller, then carried the older baby on my hip. 

Don't worry, this is a very temporary problem :)

• I put the bags on my one shoulder, take DS1 and put on my left hip, unlock ds2's car seat from base, and grab with my right hand. I open the daycare door with my left hand. Once I got the hang of it, not too difficult! GL!! I personally think a stroller is too much just to walk into a building IMO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"