3rd Trimester
Options

Swollen armpit lymph nodes

Anyone else have swollen armpit lymph nodes in both armpits?  I saw my doctor today and he wants me to go for a sonogram of the lymph nodes to check everything out.  They don't hurt or bother me, but they're just noticeably swollen. 
Me: 27, DH: 28 TTC since 11/09
2/10 & 3/10 Clomid 50mg-BFN
5/10-Lap Surgery for Stage 2 Endo
3/11-IUI#1 with Follistim and Menopur-developed mild OHSS= BFN
6/11-IUI#2 with Follistim -developed moderate OHSS= BFN!
7/11-FSH-11, AMH 1.6
9/11-ttc naturally with positive thoughts :)
10/6/11-POSITIVE pregnancy test!!! 15dpo BETA-220
6/14/2012- Riley Harper arrived!! We love our little girl
<a href="http://s532.photobucket.com/albums/ee324/exploshidad/?action=view

Re: Swollen armpit lymph nodes

• Options

Sounds like a mammary gland, just extra breast tissue/sweat gland and it runs along the armpit to the breasts.  Mine did this with all 3 pregnancies.  If it begins to hurt... use a cold rag on it, not heat. It will help.  Mine got a little bigger one my milk came in, but went back down once my supply regulated.  My lactation consultant with my first is the one who was able to explain what was going on as my dr had no idea.   

___________________________________________________________________ Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

My dr agreed with the pp. I felt a small lump under one arm a couple of months ago and she said it was probably just breast tissue. She said if it got bigger or started to hurt, she would take a closer look at it, but wasn't worried at all.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, I have had this for a really long time. With my first pregnancy it was much more noticeable when my milk came in (it went away when regulated). My doctor said it's pretty normal, but if they swell a lot more or get painful then to make sure to let them know.

claudia poirier
    Little Dude: 16 Apr. 2009 | Little Doll: 10 Jun. 2012

• Options

I'm relieved I may not be alone but this is an issue I have been dealing with for 3 years now. Mine swelled with my first pregnancy, and after the US it was considered axillary breast tissue. I've had it engorge & milk actually came out my pores! It was sick & huge,,,, I had surgery to remove it but the dr wasn't familiar enough with this & missed it,,,, now it's back & I'm over my original depression of discovering his bad work, and I have already seen a surgeon for removal of it because mine went from feeling like a tiny cyst, to a small bag during pregnancy, to a golf ball sized sac, to a A cup in my armpit full of milk! Now it's just an ugly & painful deformity, that I'm having removed after just 6 months of bf'ing because I hate it SoOOOO much! 

I hope this is not what you have ,,,, I'm imagining it may not be since you have no pain..... Gl! Thanks for listening! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so glad you brought this up.  I had two knots in my left armpit last week and completely forgot to mention it to the doctor.
    Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

I have one and I also had it last time.  My doc sent me for a sono only because breast cancer runs in my family and she wanted to be safe rather than sorry.  All checked out but she does want to followup 30 days after the birth since it still has not gone away.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes - I have one in my left armpit....it started to go away in the 2nd tri, and is now back! =(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

This is normal, I also had it with my first and have it again with this one.  I noticed it while pregnant with my first but had no idea what it was, then once my milk came in the lumps got so hard and painful within the first week that combined with the crazy postpartum hormones I thought I had lymphoma and cried my eyes out.  Saw my doctor and she told me it was most likely extra breast tissue that was engorged and backed up so she made me nurse my daughter and then pump to make sure everything was out, and if it went down then that was what it was!  Well, lo and behold, it was!  :)  

So of course, this time going into it at least I know what it is and can remedy it sooner rather than later.  I have it already but not bad, but I know it will get worse once the milk comes in, so I have my pump ready!  LOL  Through my doc was the only time I had ever heard of it, so I am glad she knew what it was otherwise I would have been a huge postpartum mess (more than I was!).  Just know that it IS temporary!  :) 

Alicia Mrs. since 03.05.05 imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"