C-sections

Question..

After my C-section with my daughter I was fortunate enough to have my mother with me for a couple of weeks to help out. My mother is now sick and I have a feeling I may have no help when DF is at work (he works 1 week on 1 week off). My question is, how many of you ladies had a second child via C-section and had little to no help with your first child in the weeks following your C-section? And how difficult was it? Should I make arrangements to stay with or have someone stay with me on DF's week ayt work or do you think it'll be ok? I'm asking because I can't clearly remember how sore I was after my first C-section.
BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question..

• I only had a week of help.  It worked out fine.  I actually felt much better after my second section than my first.

Don't get me wrong the lack of sleep is really let me say....interesting, but you will be ok.

Just get some freezer meals going and make sure you have all your supplies around...get two of most things if you have two floors so you dont have to go up and down the stairs to much.  If you can have people help you that would be great and yes I would make the arrangements..even just to give you a little rest.  Remember you cant sleep when the baby sleeps this time around because you have another child...so any help is wonderful! 

You will be fine though.  To be honest I don't remember being sore...just the lack of sleep. 

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • My DH does 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. Even though I didn't need any help after week 1 - I got lucky and he was still on his time off! Definete plus! This time around will be a little different though (not to mention I will have 1 child in first grade and my youngest 2 will be 12 months apart!). My DH is actually gone the week before, week of, and week after my RCS. He will be coming home for my RCS and hopefully able to stay at home that first week or i'm going to be in trouble!

I agree with pp though - you should do just fine but if you can get some help, definetly take it! Good luck!!

• Loading the player...
  • I had DH home for one week after I was discharged and was totally fine when he had to go back to work. My older DD was 19 months at the time and it was no problem. I can't even tell you how much easier the recovery was from my second c/s. I suppose it doesn't go that way for everyone but I was lucky and felt great. Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you don't have family or friends close by who could help out, you could hire a postpartum doula - they'll come and hold the baby, clean, etc. 

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• I'm going against the grain and saying to get help if you can possibly do it. I had some additional complications but still there is no possible way I could have taken care of both kids even the second week after my CS. Between DD's 'challenging' phase, my pain and lack of sleep, and a newborn who needed constant nursing and holding I would have been a mess of pain and tears. Also it was really important that DD get some some one-on-one time with someone she loved.

You can always line up help and if you find yourself feeling well enough you can send them home early.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! I guess I'm a little worried because my daughter just hit the terrible two's. And I can handle her just fine right now, I just worry it'll be too much for just me in that week following the CS. I believe I will try my best to get me some help lined up! Thanks again!!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"