August 2012 Moms
Options

Has anyone been diagnosed with Placenta Previa?

Hello ladies when i went in for my 20 week unltrasound i was diagnosed with placenta previa and i wanted to know if anyone had any complication if they had this or could it possibly move as the baby gets bigger..

any words of encouragement or any advise id really appreciate it

Re: Has anyone been diagnosed with Placenta Previa?

• Options
    Lots of time for your placenta to move, another 20 weeks! :) Lots of Mums on TB have the same diagnosis right now.  I have an anterior placenta, not quite previa, but close.  OB says that most likely it will migrate upward and I'll be just fine for a vaginal delivery.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• Options
    I have it. I am going back in four weeks to see if it has moved...my fingers are crossed. A lot of times it will move. 
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a low placenta also. I am going back at 30 weeks for another ultrasound. I was really freaked out at first but the doctor assured me it wasn't a big deal. Most of the time the placenta grows up and it isn't a problem. She said they will monitor me for excessive bleeding after I have the baby. Worst case if the placenta doesn't move I will have a planned C section.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    At 18 weeks I had complete placenta previa.  Had a follow up scan at 23 weeks and it had moved significantly, it's now over 3cm away from my cervix.  Most cases resolve, nothing to worry about at this point especially if you haven't had any bleeding or spotting.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I do. I'm not too worried since it moves in most cases. I'm going in for another u/s at 32 weeks to see if it moved.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes! I was at my 20 week appointment and I went in for another ultrasound today (they had to check something else)---and they said my placenta had moved all the way up to the top of my uterus---nowhere near the birth canal. Be encouraged! I have heard that 95% of the time, it moves out of the way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"