Two Under 2

Second is a boy! Already have a girl!

Hi everyone!  Our family is complete.  We just found out that we are having a boy. Our little Emily (1 yr.) will have a little brother :)  My question is:  Everything we have is very pink from Emily.  Aside from the nursery, what do we have to have in blue for our little boy?  Car seat and strollers are black so that's not an issue. What else though?  

Re: Second is a boy! Already have a girl!

• You don't have to have anything blue since your DS won't know, but I wanted blue. We got new bath towels, sheets, clothes, blankets, playmat, and a bunch of other things boy specific. The big ticket items we had bought gender neutral so we didn't have to worry about that.

We also did a boy nursery, since my DD was still in her crib (and still is now) when DS was born.

Congrats! Having a girl, then a boy has been fun for us!
  • I have a girl and a boy (in that order).

Thankfully, we had thought ahead and not bought any "big" items in pink when we were expecting DD.  Our infant seat, pack 'n play, highchair, strollers, etc are all gender neutral.  So we didn't have to re-purchase a thing. 

I did buy a few blue blankets, boy clothes, and prepared a boyish nursery for him.  Aside from the few blankets and clothes I would have had to get new nursery bedding anyway (since DD was still in her crib using her bedding).  Having a boy didn't really cost us much more money - just clothing and things I wanted (not needed) like blankets, towels, and other accessories that I wanted in blue/boy theme.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Loading the player...
  • I had opposite but so I got everything pink instead. I had to have girly bedding and blankets, CLOTHES, bibs, boppy cover, pacifiers, toys. So much fun having an opposite. It's like having a baby for the first time again. Congrats!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We got a fair amount of "big ticket items" (high chair, activity mat, etc) from friends and they are gender specific (pink). I figure it's not going to kill him to play on a pink activity mat. 

I plan on buying boy clothes, boy blankets, and a non-pink boppy cover...that's about it. 

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"