Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Is the Pottery Barn chair worth it?

My daughter loves sitting in our full size rocking chair and in facts sits herself in between the boppy pillow. For her 1st birthday we want to get her a baby/kid chair. My friends keep telling me to get the PM active chair for her bc the fabric cover can be removed and wash (like that idea) BUT the chair is so expensive ($100+) and it is SO big.

Do you swear by this chair or recommend another kind?

Thanks! 

Re: Is the Pottery Barn chair worth it?

• Options

Worth $140? They are cute, but are they stuffed with gold cotton?

ETA: I thought you were talking about the Anywhere Chair.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We got DD the regular sized Anywhere Chair when she was 9-10 months old and she loves it. MIL got her the sherpa Anywhere fold out sofa for Christmas. I say they are worth it bc she sits in the chair everyday and takes her naps on the fold out sofa everyday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did mean the   Anywhere Chair
  • Options
    Both of my girls LOVE their chairs, but I bought them on sale for $69 each (plus shipping.)  I don't think I would've paid full price though.
    Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    He have the regular sized Anywhere Chair and we love it.  R loves to read his books in it, and we can sit in it and read books together before bedtime.  He's on the bigger side, and it's a little big for him, so he'll have it for awhile, methinks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

We got DS one of the childrens "Poang" chairs from Ikea and he loves it (it was only $30).

If you're dead-set on the PB chair, you might be able to find an insert for less (like on craigslist or at a cheaper store like walmart) -- then just buy the PB cover.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMom2Oli:
    nope, it IS after all just foam in there. On the other hand, my parents got him a solid oak rocking chair from Cracker Barrel and he loves that. But, he also sits in our regular chairs and on our couches so if we hadn't gotten a gift, we wouldn't have bought him his own chair. Specially a chair that costs the same as my full grown wood and leather chairs.

This is what I was thinking. They are cute chairs, and if you have the money to blow then sure, go for it. I just don't see how the functionality of the chair can equal the cost of it. Eventually they will outgrow it.  

• Options
    We got one on a secret sale for $89, the oversized one shipped.  She loves the thing.  I don't know if I would have spent $150 for the oversized one initially.  But now I know how big of a hit it is, I will be getting DD2 one even if I can't get it on sale. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Both my kids have their own and they LOVE them. They each got one on their 1st birthday but to be honest I think they would love any chair that was their size and meant for them. I just love PBK so that's what I went with but Ive seen so many cute kid chairs out there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We received the anywhere chair as a gift from a friend.  I would not have bought it had we not gotten it as a gift.  I will say that DD LOVES it.  The only problem we are having is that she likes to stand up on it and often falls over.  WE are trying to teach her to sit on her bum!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I love how they look and was planning on buying son one, until my sister got him a cheap Elmo chair and he loves it so much and still sits in it a year later to watch shows, so I decided to live with the ugly and forego a new chair.
  • Options
    I just got DD one a couple of weeks ago.  I'd held out for a long time because I was hung up on the price.  Now I wish I'd gotten one last year.  DD sits in it all.the.time.  Mom2Oli is right that it is a foam insert but it's a thick, heavy foam.  Not like the $20 foam chairs from WalMart or TRU.  I have no doubt she'll use it for years.  My 8 year old niece was over a few nights ago and she was able to sit in it comfortably.
  • Options

*points to sig*

Yes. she loves hers. It's a chair and a climbing apparatus.  

*Edit* Reading fail - when I hear Potterybarn chair, I always assume you mean the Anywhere Chair 

• Options
    imageBlueRidge8:

*points to sig*

*Edit* Reading fail - when I hear Potterybarn chair, I always assume you mean the Anywhere Chair 

She did mean the anywhere chair. I made the same assumption.

PS super cute sig! 

• Options
    imageManateearmz:

imageMom2Oli:
    nope, it IS after all just foam in there. On the other hand, my parents got him a solid oak rocking chair from Cracker Barrel and he loves that. But, he also sits in our regular chairs and on our couches so if we hadn't gotten a gift, we wouldn't have bought him his own chair. Specially a chair that costs the same as my full grown wood and leather chairs.

This is what I was thinking. They are cute chairs, and if you have the money to blow then sure, go for it. I just don't see how the functionality of the chair can equal the cost of it. Eventually they will outgrow it.  

Not really, I can sit in her anywhere chair.

• Options
    imageManateearmz:
    imageBlueRidge8:

*points to sig*

She did mean the anywhere chair. I made the same assumption.

PS super cute sig! 

Dude. I reading failed my reading fail.

I need to go back home and try again today.

• Options
    MIL bought DS the sherpa anywhere chair for his b-day and he loves it. 
  • Options
    We got DS one for Christmas but instead of getting it from Pottery Barn we went with the one from Land of Nod (which is Crate and Barrel) It was $100 out the door instead of $150 from PB.  DS loves it.  It looks the same but has rounded corners instead of square. 
  • Options

imageSeasideBride06:
    Both of my girls LOVE their chairs, but I bought them on sale for $69 each (plus shipping.)  I don't think I would've paid full price though.

This. 

DD loves hers but I don't think I would have paid $100 + for it.  Not when you can get the insert on ebay much cheaper and just buy the cover from PB.

• Options
    When I looked other chairs were similar priced but not the style I wanted.  So yes, I'm very glad I got the PB Anywhere Cair.  It will last a very long time.  DS loves to jump all over it too.

• Options
    Absolutely worth the price. Both girls have them and they are used daily. DD#1 has had hers for almost 4 yrs and its still in excellent condition. The covers have been washed countless times and you'd never know. If you can justify the cost, buy it. It is definitely excellent quality. BTW, I've gotten covers on eBay for half the price.
  • Options

We are getting this one for $45 at walmart.  No way am I paying that much (as the PB one) for a kid's chair!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Newco-Kids-Rocker-Chair-Tan-Microfiber/6006087

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"