Postpartum Depression

PPD again...

I had a premature son, and he was in the NICU for 3 weeks..and i was there with him every single day. I would stay strong while i was with him, but as soon as a doctor or nurse would talk to me i would have to leave and i would bawl my eyes out. After DS was 3 months old, we moved into our new home, and when DS was about 4 months old, i completely changed. I wanted nothing to do with him, and i wouldn't talk to DH. My doctor put me on meds, and i took them for about 3 months, when he decided to wean me off of the meds. I have been off of them for about a month now, and have been doing well, but just this past week, I have started being rude to my DH when he has not done a thing wrong. He has always been very supportive, and i have no idea why i'm acting this way. Sometimes when my DS is crying, i get uptight. I have never had any thoughts about hurting anyone even since i had the PPD...

My question is...Do i need to talk to someone? Do i need a therapist? or just to talk to a friend?

I don't want my friends to think differently because of this. I also don't want it to be the only thing i talk about with them. I feel stuck, and stressed out. Please Help :/

Re: PPD again...

• Yes, talk to someone. It can't hurt. I get that same feeling sometimes when ds cries, uptight or anxious. Zoloft is starting to help me with that.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I understand that medication needs to be taken at least 6 months in order to prevent depression to come back... you should take to your OB... Did you feel "normal" again while taking meds?
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Talk to your doctor.  Sometimes, PPD doesn't go away, and it just becomes long-term depression.  I am one year post partum, and if I forget to take my meds for even a few days, I turn into a horrendous, shortfused, stressed ***.  I know it's the depression.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I know i still need it. my OB had no reason to take me off of it at all. I did feel normal again when i was on it. (i was also on zoloft), i actually felt happy. now i feel as though i'm faking it around everyone. my long time friends want to get together, and i tell them i'm busy or sick.

• jw87jw87 member
    imageblakesmommy2011:

I know i still need it. my OB had no reason to take me off of it at all. I did feel normal again when i was on it. (i was also on zoloft), i actually felt happy. now i feel as though i'm faking it around everyone. my long time friends want to get together, and i tell them i'm busy or sick.

My midwife took me off my medication I felt too soon too.  Just make sure you speak up, that's the hardest part.  It's okay if you still need it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"