April 2011 Moms

Linus fell off the changing table :(

I know accidents happen, but I've told dh time and time again that he can't take his hand off of him. He just moves too fast. I've seen him be way too nonchalant about it though, no matter how much I've warned him. I was feeding fiona and heard a huge thud followed by him screaming. It was the worst noise ever because I knew exactly what happened. He cried so hard for probably 10 minutes and calmed down a little. He seemed a little dizzy when we put him on the ground but seemed to get better. He's down for a nap now and I'm terrified. The pedi said to let him sleep and just check on him, but I'm such a worrier. I just can't stop hearing the thud and him screaming. :(
photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg

Re: Linus fell off the changing table :(

• Oh no.  I'm sure he'll be fine.  Chloe fell all the way down the stairs once and she was fine.  I know how horrible it can be not knowing, I wish they could tell us how they feel.  HUGS!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• GHBEAGHBEA member
    That is so scary, hope you and he recover.  HUGS
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry that this happened.  I hope Linus wakes up from his nap cheerful.

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Yikes! I hear ya there. DH took DS to the pedi about a month ago. When DH turned for a second, DS fell off the table in the room!! His top teeth busted his lip :( I still think about it. I know DS is fine, but I feel even worse since I wasn't there! And the floor at the doc's is never forgiving. It will get better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry... Like others said, he'll be fine. Boys, especially, seem to be little daredevils. Liam has learned how to stand up on the couch and jump. The other day, he stood up, looked at me, smiled, then did a diving faceplant onto the hardwood floor.

Luckily, they're built for this...

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I cringe at the thought.. I am so sorry that happened!! :(
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Poor baby, Poor Momma!! I'm so sorry! I hope he's feeling better today- and you also.
  • Glad he's doing ok! HUGS!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic     
  • Thanks everyone. He took a nap and slept fine. Luckily he's a night owl so was up for a while before bed time so I could watch him! We gave him some ibuprofen because he seemed really fussy and a little ouchy when he was crawling. He woke up crying overnight 4 times when he usually has been STTN so I think he was hurting a bit. No throwing up though and he seems fine today. A little grumpy, but he's also learning to be jealous right now, so who knows which is which. 
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Oh that is so scary. Poor guy. give him lots of hugs when he wakes up! How are you doing it with two young ones?! I give you much due credit! I stopped using the changing table when my daughter started being independent. I just tuck the changing mat under her dresser and pull it out so it's on the floor when I need to change her. Just an idea so it doesn't happen again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCTGirl30:

OMG - I can only imagine how you keep replaying that.

When DD was 4 months old, she rolled off the loveseat onto our (carpeted, thank God) floor. I felt horrible and still do remembering it.

Hopefully your little one is no worse for the wear...and your H now takes it seriously when he's on the change table!!

This!  When Giselle was 5 months old my DH was very lax on leaving her on the bed while he was getting dressed for work in the morning.  One morning...you guessed it...he walked away to for one minute to brush his teeth and she rolled her chubby self off the bed.  My DH truly believed Giselle couldn't roll off the bed that fast.Confused

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"