June 2011 Moms
Options

Clicky Poll - Those with girls: bangs or no bangs?

I noticed all of the other baby girls in the "mommy & me" class I attend are growing out their bangs and wear headbands or barrettes to keep them back.  My LO is the only one with bangs (which I've had to trim a couple times)!

Just wondering what you all are doing.  Feel free to explain below too!

[Poll]
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Clicky Poll - Those with girls: bangs or no bangs?

• Options
    My DD will be three in end of June and I've never cut her hair before. She didn't have any practically for the first year and a half of life anyway, but I plan to let it just keep growing out. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    klvklv member
    I will prob have to cut her bangs. She will not keep anything on her head so I see barrettes and headbands being a massive fail
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsIMrsI member
    I teach preschool and it seems as if every parent attempts a bang grow out between the ages of two and five.  Its a huge pain for all involved so I am hoping to grow it all out at once and let her do bangs if she wants when she can deal with them.  Also I've noticed very few girls have a cute bang cut most seem to get thicker every time they get them cut and that drives me nuts also.
  • Options
    kas80kas80 member
    She barely has any hair in the front so it's not an issue yet.  When she gets older I'll see what her face shape is and decide then but I think bangs are super cute.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekas80:
    She barely has any hair in the front so it's not an issue yet.  When she gets older I'll see what her face shape is and decide then but I think bangs are super cute.

Ditto

• Options
    She doesn't have enough hair right now but my mom always forced me to have bangs and I hated them. I had to bribe her finLly when I was in like 6th or 7th grade to let me grow them out. I think I may have cut them back once since then. I don't really ever plan on cutting Os hair. She can decide for herself what she wants to do when she's old enough.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow, interesting!  I didn't know bangs were in such the minority!  I seriously never really made a decision about bangs vs. no bangs -- one day I just thought "oh, her hair is in her eyes" and trimmed them and have been ever since...  I guess I just thought little girls have bangs!   
  • Options
    We trim K's bangs... It's either that or deal with eye issues. Sad  She will not let us clip her hair back so it stays out of her eyes. No matter what I have tried she fusses and pulls it out or gets super mad when anything is on her head... So we've been trimming her hair back because otherwise she gets a lot of buildup and irritation in her eye.
    forum
  • Options
    I haven't really thought about it.  Right now she has bangs, but that is just how her hair has grown. I have taken scissors to it once. For some reason, trimming her hair seems like a huge step I'm not ready for. Lol
  • Options
    I don't want Em to have bangs, so we are growing them out. We put barretts (sp?) or headbands or pony or pigtales in her hair every day. Most of her hair can tuck behind her ears already, but there is still some that falls in her face if we leave it down. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Kaiya has lots of hair and a big forehead (she has me to thank for that) so I'm considering trimming her bangs, but more in a side-swept style than a blunt bang.  i don't think her hair is thick enough for blunt bangs yet.
    BFP! 10/1/2010 EDD 6/9/2011 Kaiya June Born 6/16/11 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"