Late Term and Child Loss
Options

~Monday Bible Verses~

Hello everyone and big hugs to everybody

For those who haven't seen this before, a few of us ladies decided on Mondays we wanted to share scriptures as a way to comfort one another and keep getting hope from the Bible in the midst of our grief. If you are new please feel free to share. I don't want to limit this so if you would like to include lyrics to a worship song that has touched you or what like to share what you have been praying about that all is good too.

Isaiah 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified. (emphasis mine)

Since my lost I have been ministered to by a CD called 'Beauty Will Rise' by Steven Curtis Chapman. A few years back his daughter (I believe 5 years old) was accidently killed by being run over. He wrote these songs during his grief and they are some of the most powerful words I have ever heard. The intense pain and a beautiful faith in God comes through in his voice and all the lyrics he wrote.

These are some of the lyrics to his song 'Beauty Will Rise' based of of Isaiah 61:3

It was the day the world went wrong, I screamed til my voice was gone

And watched through the tears as everything came crashing down

Slowly panic turns to pain and we awake to what remains, and sift through the ashes that are left behind

But buried deep beneath all our broken dreams we have this hope:

Out of these ashes.. beauty will rise and we will dance among the ruins We will see him with our own eyes! Out of these ashes.. beauty will rise for we know, joy is coming in the morning, beauty will rise

So take another breath for now, and let the tears come washing down, and if you can't believe I will believe for you. Cuz I have seen the signs of spring just watch and see..

I can hear it in the distance and it's not too far away. It's the music and the laughter of a wedding and a feast. I can almost feel the hand of God, reaching for my face to wipe my tears away, and say, "It's time to make everything new." This is our hope this is our promise.

His wife also wrote a sweet book I recommend called, "Choosing to SEE"

How are you mandystephen and mrssoprano?

May we all find God's truth and healing.

My little boy went to heaven during childbirth Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

type 1 diabetic for 7 years. Been on the pump for 6 years.

Re: ~Monday Bible Verses~

• Options
    imageblessedhope:

Slowly panic turns to pain and we awake to what remains, and sift through the ashes that are left behind

this is very fitting for how I felt.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagelhakers:
    imageblessedhope:

me too and that was my reaction to every song this guy wrote. I remember those dark early days when i would beat my fists on the floor and scream lyrics to these songs just trying to grasp hold of something. I needed to grasp hold of hope that i didn't even know if I believed exsisted anymore. One of his songs says something like, "I will scream it in the dark, you are faithful, and even when I don't understand I will say it again, I will trust you." I said those words over and over in the darkest days even when I didn't believe them until they took root in my soul. ((big hugs))

My little boy went to heaven during childbirth Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageblessedhope:
    imagelhakers:
    imageblessedhope:

me too and that was my reaction to every song this guy wrote. I remember those dark early days when i would beat my fists on the floor and scream lyrics to these songs just trying to grasp hold of something. I needed to grasp hold of hope that i didn't even know if I believed exsisted anymore. One of his songs says something like, "I will scream it in the dark, you are faithful, and even when I don't understand I will say it again, I will trust you." I said those words over and over in the darkest days even when I didn't believe them until they took root in my soul. ((big hugs))

YES! I often said it felt like something was right in front of me that I NEEDED to survive, but I couldn't grab it...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

A friend of mine posted a Bible verse on facebook that I thought I would share..

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • Options
    imagebarbie92:

A friend of mine posted a Bible verse on facebook that I thought I would share..

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

I have been reading James alot lately. I like that verse too

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"