June 2011 Moms
Options

JCPenny portraits

Anyone done portraits at JCP since the switch to the new "Everyday low price" thing? Ad says it's a $9 sitting fee and $4 per portrait sheet. Seems like a pretty good deal, just seeing if maybe I'm missing some hidden cost? 
photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: JCPenny portraits

• Options
    I think they are the same company as Target.  I'm not totally sure.  We've done Target and they came out OK, but I thought they booked too many appointments.  They booked appointments every 10 minutes at our Target and they got backed up so I ended up waiting almost an hour for our Christmas photos.  By that time DD was pissed and we only got a few usable photos...  We haven't gone back and found a local photographer that does it on the side.
  • Options
    I have done all of his pictures at JCP and they have turned out great. As far as I could tell there are no hidden fees. They do book the appointments every ten minutes but we got great shots besides for last month for his nine month shoot but I made the mistake of booking it in the middle of his nap time even then though we still got three or four usable poses. Good luck hope they turn out great.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BES21BES21 member
    We've gotten Olivia's pictures there.  There are no hidden fees.  Those are the prices! Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    awesome! We have hardly done any portraits with her because we just don't have the money for all the great local photographers out there. Even the budget ones are out my budget! We may give em a try, not much to lose with those prices. 
  • Options

We use the Target portrait studios and love them.  You can almost always find a coupon for no sitting fees and an $8 package that includes a bunch of prints of one pose OR $4/sheet for as many poses as you like.  I always do the latter, because I love getting prints of lots of different poses... and they usually do a really good job so there are tons of great ones to choose from.  We got LO's photos taken there this weekend and were thrilled with the photos.

It sounds like JCP has the same sort of deal, so it's not surprising that the prices are the same.  Good luck! 

BabyFruit Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageCarlaAndJames:
    awesome! We have hardly done any portraits with her because we just don't have the money for all the great local photographers out there. Even the budget ones are out my budget! We may give em a try, not much to lose with those prices. 

I have the same prob. Photography is too expensive. But a got a living social deal a while back for $18 for a 30 min session.  Try looking there and groupon for deals.  I have seen a few since I got that deal.  I can't "testify" to it yet as we are going next month for LO's 1 yr photos.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagebrandx725:
    I have done all of his pictures at JCP and they have turned out great. As far as I could tell there are no hidden fees. They do book the appointments every ten minutes but we got great shots besides for last month for his nine month shoot but I made the mistake of booking it in the middle of his nap time even then though we still got three or four usable poses. Good luck hope they turn out great.

I've also had all of M's pictures taken at JCP and they've always come out great.  When I got her 9 month pics done I just knew they were going to be horrible because she wouldn't smile at the camera and was all over the place (crawling, looking at me instead of the camera, hands in mouth, clapping, etc).  I actually called DH before the photo preview and told him the shoot was a big FAIL; but when I previewed them, there were so many great shots including the one below.  I end up ordering $50 worth of sheets because I couldn't decide on just a few.

I also recommend getting the portrait club membership.  Free sitting fees for the entire family for 2 years.  You can use the 9.99 sitting fee towards the $20 purchase. 

photo b1f62123-e338-48e2-a2d8-373638902d4d.jpg 

• Options
    imagejess'c'squared:

imagebrandx725:

I've also had all of M's pictures taken at JCP and they've always come out great.  When I got her 9 month pics done I just knew they were going to be horrible because she wouldn't smile at the camera and was all over the place (crawling, looking at me instead of the camera, hands in mouth, clapping, etc).  I actually called DH before the photo preview and told him the shoot was a big FAIL; but when I previewed them, there were so many great shots including the one below.  I end up ordering $50 worth of sheets because I couldn't decide on just a few.

I also recommend getting the portrait club membership.  Free sitting fees for the entire family for 2 years.  You can use the 9.99 sitting fee towards the $20 purchase. 

Is the membership just $20?

• Options

I'm sorry, it was 29.99 and I paid 20.  Still worth it, IMO.

photo b1f62123-e338-48e2-a2d8-373638902d4d.jpg 

• Options

We did our 3-month shots there, and the photographers at our location aren't that great. Sad  We did it becauseo f their military discount. Since then, I've decided I can get just as good, if not better, pictures doing it myself.

I will say their prices were reasonable, and their packaging options weren't too bad. Only took a week to get the pictures back. 

I was disappointed with one of the pictures, because when we got them back I noticed that their backdrop had a stain on it! Angry  I wish they would have edited it or tried to cover the spot when we were shooting. 

forum
  • Options
    We got to JCP's a lot.  We have also been to Sears.  JCP the cd is cheaper to get.  I think it does depend on who the photographer is though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"