Trouble TTC
Options

How do you keep your hopes.....down?

Got AF yesterday so will be starting Clomid 100mg days 5-9 in a couple days, followed by the Ovidrel shot (TI only, no IUI). I'm very concerned about mentally keeping myself in check this month. I have an appointment with my therapist this week, but so far that hasn't really been helping as much as I thought. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to go and talk to someone....but ultimately, as many can relate, we won't feel better until we have some sort of resolution to our IF (whatever that may be).

I really want to keep myself realistic this month. But I feel like the past two treatment cycles, I've had this tremendous amount of hope despite the fact I know the chances are only 25% if everything is perfect. Then I have a mental breakdown when AF comes. How do you keep yourself checked during medicated cycles? Or am I fighting a losing battle here.....

TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014

Re: How do you keep your hopes.....down?

• Options
    I remind myself that statistically, I have a higher chance of getting a BFN than I do a BFP. Depressing, but it usually works. 

I have the opposite problem.  Embarrassed

Maybe try to find things that will keep you busy and keep you focused on other, non-IF things. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageamd1982:

Got AF yesterday so will be starting Clomid 100mg days 5-9 in a couple days, followed by the Ovidrel shot (TI only, no IUI). I'm very concerned about mentally keeping myself in check this month. I have an appointment with my therapist this week, but so far that hasn't really been helping as much as I thought. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to go and talk to someone....but ultimately, as many can relate, we won't feel better until we have some sort of resolution to our IF (whatever that may be).

I really want to keep myself realistic this month. But I feel like the past two treatment cycles, I've had this tremendous amount of hope despite the fact I know the chances are only 25% if everything is perfect. Then I have a mental breakdown when AF comes. How do you keep yourself checked during medicated cycles? Or am I fighting a losing battle here.....

I seem to always try to get my hopes up too - but when I start thinking about it or getting that way I start cleaning. it keeps the house looking good & I've always been told that a clean home keeps your spirits up. 

Married my best friend in 2009
    TTC since April 2010
    Jan 2012 - Started IF treatment 
    Conceived our first angel during IF break, surprised with second (natural) BFP 2.5 months later. 
    May 2014 - TAC surgery 

Trying to conceive our rainbow baby <3

imageimage

• Options

imageShayliz:
    I remind myself that statistically, I have a higher chance of getting a BFN than I do a BFP. Depressing, but it usually works. 
     This helps keep my hopes down too.  So far I have had a hard time not getting my hopes up really high when I switch to a new type of treatment, but by the 2nd or 3rd round of that treatment I have pretty much given up hope.

This is terrible but another thing I have been doing is telling myself I can't have kids.  I don't know if that's true or not yet but I feel like it's better to prepare for the worst and then if something good happens I will be pleasantly surprised.   I only started this recently, after I spent many months trying to have a positive attitude telling myself that it would happen.  It sure didn't seem to make a difference.

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagewhoberry:
    This is terrible but another thing I have been doing is telling myself I can't have kids.

:-(

IF is so unfair.

I have been fighting having high hopes this month.  I started acupuncture and eating whole foods and I really want to think, "this is the month!!" but I'm trying so hard not to.  CD12 u/s on Thursday.  If I respond at all to the Tamoxifen, I think I'll go crazy hoping!

* TTC since 2010; Me-36, DH-40
    * Diagnosis of PCOS in 2011 (suspected since teens)
    * Miscarraige September 2011; XY with Trisomy 15
    *November 2011 - January 2012 - 3 cycles of Femora - BFN x 3
    * 2/12 and 4/12 Tamoxifen - no response
    Planned to start Follistim for COH August '12 but...
    Surprise!! BFP! And it's a girl!!

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 5:9
    baby d'oh, no ID
    D'Oh!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"