Health & Exercise

Jogging stroller for tall toddlers

I have a BOB and my 15 month is already getting to tall for it! She is 32" (96th percentile) and her head touches the top of the shade- Im pretty disappointed considering the price! Anyone here with a decent running stroller that accommodates tall kids?
Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.

Re: Jogging stroller for tall toddlers

• I was in the same boat with my BOB-DS's headhas been hitting the canopy for quite some time. DS is almost 3, and with DS#2 on the way, I needed a new double stroller. I love the BOB, but when reading reviews, others also complained of the head room. We went to Disney a few months back and rented the Baby Jogger and found that DS had much more head room, which people also stated in reviews (amazon.com). The sun shade also provides much more coverage. I just purchased the Baby Jogger City Summit Double. I have only taken it on a quick walk/run, but it definitely as WAY more space for DS to grow. He seems very comfy in it and likes riding in it! It handles well and is easy to push just like the BOB.

Can you sell your BOB on craigslist and maybe find another used Baby Jogger? Just be sure that you are getting another 'jogging/running' stroller, too. Many of Baby Jogger's strollers/models (like the Mini) are actually NOT meant for jogging/running-despite the name, which can be misleading. I chose the Summit which is meant for 'light running/jogging'. I usually do 3 mile runs several times a week, which I consider to be 'light'- ie- not marathon training or anything! Good luck!

PS-Albeebaby has some great sales on the Baby Jogger right now too. I got my double for $450; the BOB double was $660! GL!

• I like the Bob line of strollers, but they would never have worked for us just for this reason. I've got a Chariot Cougar, and it really can fit a 7 year old (not that you'd need to). They also had a jogging stroller, but it was much shorter. Just to give you an impression of the fit, T is 10, and just a hair under 5', she can sit cross legged in it. E is 6 and fits. I've taken ours to things like the zoo, and when one gets tired, they have room to nap in it.

• Loading the player...
  • imageLinz-E:
    I have a BOB and my 15 month is already getting to tall for it! She is 32" (96th percentile) and her head touches the top of the shade- Im pretty disappointed considering the price! Anyone here with a decent running stroller that accommodates tall kids?

You might want to check out for Baby Jogger FIT as it has retractable and higher canopy/spacious head room that allows for relatively taller toddler to fit in it. Here's the link in case you want to find out further description and better images: https://jogging-stroller-reviews.net/baby-jogger-fit-reviews/ Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"