Preemies
Options

My 34 weeker!

I knew that I had a chance of having a preemie but had hopes of making it full term, but here we are. Baby Kaylee was born at 34 weeks 2 days by emergency c-section due to sever pre-eclampsia. It broke my heart knowing the rough road my little girl could have ahead of her and that I would be leaving her in the hospital after I was discharged. I had a horrible birth experience due to being put on magnesium to prevent seizures with pre-eclampsia but the end result was so worth it. My little girl was born at 7lbs 11 ounces and came home only 1 day after I was discharged. She is in perfect health and is doing amazingly well due to being a 34 weeker and born to a type 1 diabetic mother.

I just wanted to share my experience and hope that you all have positive outcomes as well! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My 34 weeker!

• Options

Congratulations on your baby girl! Love the name Kaylee :) So happy to hear she had a very short NICU stay and is home doing well!

Magnesium is the worst!!

• Options

Congrats! It seems like she is doing very well! :)

Just an FYI, there is a walk for Pre-E called "Promise Walk for Preeclampsia". If you go to  promisewalk dot org, you can find your local one and get involved! I am the coordinator for Boston (I don't work for them... we are all volunteer based) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations on your precious baby girl!! That is great that she's doing so well! 34-weekers (barring any specific major issues) seem to do so well. When I was admitted to the hospital at 27 weeks with pre-e, my biggest goal was to make it to 34 weeks... so glad you were able to keep Kaylee in that long! 
    Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on your little girl! I also delivered my little boy at 28 weeks on March 7th due to HELLP Syndrome / Severe  Pre-e. I am so lucky he has been doing so well in the NICU for the past 6 weeks and I am hoping he gets to come home this week or next. I totally understand what you have gone through and I am glad your outcome was a good one!
  • Options
    Hi there! Congrats on your baby girl!!! I, too, am a Type 1 diabetic and developed pre-e around 33 weeks. They ended up doing a c/s at 35 weeks. I was on a mag drip, too. I was disappointed that his birth wasn't how I wanted it to go but I was and still am happy and thrilled that DS was healthy and only spent 1 day in MIXI for low blood sugars. Good luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"