Attachment Parenting

help w/moby wrap (x post 0-3mo/march2012)

I've been eager to bust out my moby wrap & I've tried it a few times w/DS but he HATES it. I tried to newborn hug a few times & he didn't like it at all so today I tried the kangaroo wrap & he started screaming & fussing. Any suggestions on which hold is best? Or did it take a while for your LO to get used to the wrap? DS is 3weeks so maybe it'll take some time?? I'm really excited to use this so any suggestions would be awesome :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: help w/moby wrap (x post 0-3mo/march2012)

• It just took my DS a few times to get used to it. It helps to put him in and then go for a walk. Even if he's fussing, the rhythmic motion should soothe him or put him to sleep. Then when he wakes up he's calm. At least, thats how I got my DS used to it. Now he loves it! We usually do the hug. Hope that helps!
  • Make sure you are pretty quick at it before you try with your LO again (tough I know!) and then just be super calm. Once he's in start bouncing or rocking or walking immediately. I know for me those issues were key! My babies (and I'm sure all babies) really pick up on mom's energy and when I get worked up trying to do something or I'm frustrated they match my mood. GL, once you get it to work, it's wonderful!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure DS has been asleep every time I've put him in, maybe try easing into it that way? I do the newborn hug hold. I have put him into my RS awake and crying and, like others said, just started walking right away. We were headed outside with DD and the change of environment seemed to calm him as well, you could try that.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• thanks for the tips, i'll def give it a try a few more times & see how LO likes it :)
  • It took us a little bit of time to get used to it as well.  I found that I needed to get her in it when she was calm.  She didn't like the newborn hold but really liked the kangaroo hold (and still does!).  I also found that just wearing a tank top really helped because the moby can get a little toasty and she liked being able to lay her head on my chest.  I still come home and wear her in the evening after work.  I also still do kangaroo hold when she's fussy. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"