Attachment Parenting

I was a judge worthy spectacle today...lol..

So at 2 weeks post partum I felt stir crazy and decided to brave a quick trip to the store with my 3 year old and newborn. I was feeling pretty good, it was my first time trying the Pre-tied stretchy wrap method. Until we got to the meat section which is right next to the wine section and #1 wanted to run like a banshee and started to lose her shiit. We ended up trapped between spectators next to a wine display and the cart. An older guy declared I had my hands full as he walked by in slow motion as #1 escalated and then he shook his head at me and declared "Dear God!". Ha! I didn't realize we needed divine intervention. The trip ended with DD#1 trying to run into the street right as we met up with DH who got to carry her kicking and screaming to the car. Dear God!! :-). 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: I was a judge worthy spectacle today...lol..

• imageHarper'smom:
    So at 2 weeks post partum I felt stir crazy and decided to brave a quick trip to the store with my 3 year old and newborn. I was feeling pretty good, it was my first time trying the Pre-tied stretchy wrap method. Until we got to the meat section which is right next to the wine section and #1 wanted to run like a banshee and started to lose her shiit. We ended up trapped between spectators next to a wine display and the cart. An older guy declared I had my hands full as he walked by in slow motion as #1 escalated and then he shook his head at me and declared "Dear God!". Ha! I didn't realize we needed divine intervention. The trip ended with DD#1 trying to run into the street right as we met up with DH who got to carry her kicking and screaming to the car. Dear God!! :-). 

I am sorry, but this made me lol!  I love when people offer such constructive words of wisdom!  I am sorry your outing didn't go great, your next one will be better at least!!

• Haha I fear you just predicted my future in a few months! ;)

I hope your next outing is better. It can't be much worse, huh?

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageterri_doula2010:

Haha I fear you just predicted my future in a few months! ;)

I hope your next outing is better. It can't be much worse, huh?

Being at home is worse! She is melting down every other minute and is just soooo overly emotional and dramatic and frustrated with life. I'm going to start pumping next weekend so I can leave #2 with DH and get some alone time with my little monster but with the cluster feedings and lack of sleep it has not been a picnic. I feel like I can better recognize #1's triggers and am getting better at preventing the meltdowns. I'm interested to see how long this adjustment period lasts. On the plus side newborn life is way easier this time and much less stressful, minus the 3 year old.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Welcome to my world!  The older child is turning out to be the hardest part of bringing home #2, by far.  At two months in, I can tell you that things are definitely much better but we still have a long way to go.  Hang in there, and congrats!!  BTW, I am impressed that you braved a solo outing so soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageaglenn:
    Welcome to my world!  The older child is turning out to be the hardest part of bringing home #2, by far.  At two months in, I can tell you that things are definitely much better but we still have a long way to go.  Hang in there, and congrats!!  BTW, I am impressed that you braved a solo outing so soon!

Months...gah...but I'm glad to hear things are improving for you.

I wasn't really solo, DH was with us but popped into a coffe shop to save time and #1 wouldn't go with him. She stayed to torture me :-). But yeah this newborn is so easy in comparison which is funny as I was a very stressed out FTM of a newborn. Perspective...

• imageHarper'smom:

imageaglenn:
    Welcome to my world!  The older child is turning out to be the hardest part of bringing home #2, by far.  At two months in, I can tell you that things are definitely much better but we still have a long way to go.  Hang in there, and congrats!!  BTW, I am impressed that you braved a solo outing so soon!

I wasn't really solo, DH was with us but popped into a coffe shop to save time and #1 wouldn't go with him. She stayed to torture me :-). But yeah this newborn is so easy in comparison which is funny as I was a very stressed out FTM of a newborn. Perspective...

I agree!  The baby is a piece of cake this time. Here's a blog post a friend sent me that totally made sense. 

https://momastery.com/blog/2012/01/29/one-two-three-4/ 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh, I hope it gets better for you soon!! I will be in this same boat in a few months!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageaglenn:
    imageHarper'smom:

imageaglenn:

I agree!  The baby is a piece of cake this time. Here's a blog post a friend sent me that totally made sense. 

https://momastery.com/blog/2012/01/29/one-two-three-4/ 

Awe, love that. :-) 

• haha!  That's why my kids are forced to sit in the cart when I'm by myself or I'd be in the same situation every single time we go to the store!
    imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageaglenn:
    Welcome to my world!  The older child is turning out to be the hardest part of bringing home #2, by far.  

I have found this as well.  I feel like it peaked last week and this week has been significantly better.  I also pumped and went out with just Lily a couple of weeks ago and that did seem to help a bit...and for me as well.  I feel like DH gets to spend far more time with DD #1 lately and I was missing her.  

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• I have so been there and my LO #2 isn't even here yet!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh, I've been there. I have had to carry DS multiple times during a tantrum with DD strapped on me in the sling. I know people stare hard when that happens! I get very sick of people telling me I have my hands full, especially because none of them ask me if I need any help!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"