June 2012 Moms
Options

Food Poisoning :(

I came down hard with food poisoning weds night, and went to L&D for IV fluids and Zofran, since I started having lots of contractions (every 2-4 min) due to dehydration.  Feeling much better now though :)

It's actually quite ironic- my husband is away in India for a week for business, but I'm the one who got food poisoning.  Overall, it seemed like good practice for the big day.  I got an IV, fetal monitors, not able to eat, was awake for over 24 hours, lots of contractions, and could only have ice chips but no water.  Except that I don't have baby yet, so will have to repeat again...  (trust me, I'm very very happy to not have baby yet, keep cookin' baby!)

TTC#1 since 3/11                    TTC#2 since 4/13
Dx PCOS, Anovulatory 4/11     4/13-7/13 - Clomid 50mg
8/11- 9/11- Clomid 100mg         BFP! 8/13
It's a Girl! 06/17/12                   Due Date- 05/02/14

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Food Poisoning :(

• Options
    Oh that is definitely no fun! Glad you're feeling better now.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oh goodness! Am glad that you are okay!

Just out of curiosity, did this experience change what you were hoping your birth experience was going to be like?  Or change what your plan was?

I ask because when I was in L&D the other day I found it really annoying to have the constant fetal monitoring so now want intermittent monitoring. It was a few small things like that which influenced what we plan on packing in the hospital bag and when we even plan on going in. 

pregnancy pregnancy
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The monitor was a little annoying because I worried about disturbing it.  But, I was very happy to have constant reassurance that baby was fine.  After 24 hours without sleep, I decided baby was ok, and rolled around as I pleased.  The nurses would just fix it whenever it moved off the baby, so I had worried over nothing.  Overall, my experience in L&D was very pleasant.  The nurses were all amazing and attentive.  The IV was much more painful than I had expected, though... They had to tape it down extensively for it to even be tolerable.  Def. wish I had brought some pillows.  My back was killing me from sitting at an incline so long, but I didnt have a spare pillow to support my belly on my side.  
    TTC#1 since 3/11                    TTC#2 since 4/13
    Dx PCOS, Anovulatory 4/11     4/13-7/13 - Clomid 50mg
    8/11- 9/11- Clomid 100mg         BFP! 8/13
    It's a Girl! 06/17/12                   Due Date- 05/02/14

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"