June 2012 Moms

XP: Please help, I feel a little confused...

Ok, so I have a couple of questions...any help is greatly appreciated:

1. GD--So I have GD and was having a little trouble with my post dinner and fasting numbers (they were a little high) so my OB put me on glyburide...now my numbers are really low...last night is was lower than the low range of my fasting number, so I freaked out a little and kinda pigged out on carbs to bring it up. Now yesterday I was much more active than I have been due to trying to get the project list done before LO arrives...but this morning my fasting number was in range, but way down from where it has been. Any experience with this...should I call my doctor?

2. Humidifier--is this needed for a baby in the summer? We are trying to prioritize what we need right when LO is born and what can wait until it is needed...anyone know about this?

3. Siatica (sp?) Yesterday at points it was so bad I couldn't walk for several minutes, and I couldn't get comfortable in bed...anyone know a trick to help? Getting a maternity massage tomorrow (super excited for that).

4. Slep troubles--I know that this is supposed to get worse during the 3rd tri, butfor the past 5 nights I have woken up every hour on the hour...and not just to pee. I have found a way to get somewhat comfortable, but even that isn't helping.

TIA!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: XP: Please help, I feel a little confused...

• imageNSYoder26:

Ok, so I have a couple of questions...any help is greatly appreciated:

1. GD--So I have GD and was having a little trouble with my post dinner and fasting numbers (they were a little high) so my OB put me on glyburide...now my numbers are really low...last night is was lower than the low range of my fasting number, so I freaked out a little and kinda pigged out on carbs to bring it up. Now yesterday I was much more active than I have been due to trying to get the project list done before LO arrives...but this morning my fasting number was in range, but way down from where it has been. Any experience with this...should I call my doctor?

2. Humidifier--is this needed for a baby in the summer? We are trying to prioritize what we need right when LO is born and what can wait until it is needed...anyone know about this?

3. Siatica (sp?) Yesterday at points it was so bad I couldn't walk for several minutes, and I couldn't get comfortable in bed...anyone know a trick to help? Getting a maternity massage tomorrow (super excited for that).

4. Slep troubles--I know that this is supposed to get worse during the 3rd tri, butfor the past 5 nights I have woken up every hour on the hour...and not just to pee. I have found a way to get somewhat comfortable, but even that isn't helping.

TIA!

Try putting a heating pad on the area that hurts.  Also try stretching the area out at least twice a day.  If it still really hurts to the point where you can't walk I would make an appt. to see your doctor.  They can give you a shot of a high dose Motrin for the pain but you can only get it like twice because of the pregnancy. 

If anything the doc will be able to give you a referral to a physical therapist that will show you certain stretches you can do to make that area feel better.  This is what I had to do a couple months ago and as long as I do my stretches everyday the pain is minimal.

• I can't help you with the first 2, although I would like to know about the second question as well. But for number 3 (I can't spell either) I get this sometimes too, where my whole leg just gives out. Anyway I have found that if I push myself to walk out the pain it gets better. I also try to avoid sitting for longer than 15 minutes at a time.

For the sleeping I put a small firm pillow under my belly and another between my legs. I have been sleeping great...knock on wood!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It depends on how low your numbers are.  I don't know about glyburide, but we had to tweak my insulin dosage.  I was having post meal numbers in the 50s with the original dosage of insulin that I was given.  I think if you are still in the acceptable range then you are okay, but if never hurts to talk to your doctor about your numbers.  I know with my doctor they like to see a trend before making any changes, one off number here and there doesn't bother them. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. If you are referring to your post meal # it should be no lower than 60, if it is and  you feel weird you shouldn't just be pigging out on random carbs.  You need something fast acting only if you are having symptoms such as 4-oz of juice or regular soda, 3 sugar packets, a handful of lifesavers (chewed, not sucked on), or a glucose tablet if you have any.  My GD doctors want me to call them if I have two low readings.  If you are more active after a meal it can make your sugars lower, so it might be worth mentioning to your doctor and they may want to change your dose of meds or increase the amount of carbs you eat in a meal if you know you're going to be more active.

2. We only use a humidifier in our DD's room if she's congested and sick.  I don't think it's a necessity until the first time LO has a stuffy nose.  Just be sure when you get one it's cool mist.

3. Massage, accupuncture, sit on a pillow, give birth.

4. If you don't have one already I highly recommend a Snoogle or a body pillow to help support your back/belly.  Of course even with that you can end up sleepless.  It's par for the course and just a fact of third tri sometimes.  Some people claim it's to help you prep for less sleep once baby's here.

~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • 2.  We never needed the humidifier ever.  I really don't think it made a bit of difference for her breathing.  AND it left a fine white residue all over everything - even using distilled water. 

3. & 4.  I just started seeing a chiropractor and I have no idea why I didn't do this with DD.  I feel so much better already.  I'm sleeping better, too.  When I accidentily roll onto my back, I don't yelp in pain. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"