FFFC

Re: FFFC

• Options
    imageRayRay007:
    imageelmoali:
    imageEllaHella:
    imageRayRay007:

These are lame.

I hit a car when dropping off DD this morning and didn't do anything about it.

In my defence, it was more like a rub, and as far as I could tell there wasn't even any paint trasnfer.

That is extremely shittay on your part. 

Agreed.  You have no idea if their wheel is out of alignment or anything.  I once had someone cave in my entire bumper in a parking lot and take off and I've had someone snag my bumper and rip it off while it was parked on the street (again, leaving and doing nothing).  I was out my deductible in both cases.  Sucks.

I was pulling in to the curb in front of them (parallel parking; nobody in front of me), and cut it a little tight by accident. My back fender rubbed their front bumper. I looked. It rubbed the dirt off my car, but no damage to anybody.

Ohhhh - giving someone a love tap while parallel parking is not "hitting someone", IMO.  Shoot, we live in Chicago and our bumpers have been giving love taps to other cars while parallel parking for years.  It happens. 

I think that's completely different than pulling into a normal parking spot, hitting a car, and leaving without placing a note on the windshield.

• Options
    imageLilyRose28:
    imageEVA116:

I also have a major crush on Zac Efron. I think he may of replaced Brad Pitt on my hottness scale and became number one for me.

Hahaha, me too! I saw a pic of him from his new movie and was like, ohh, hello kid from High School Musical. You're growing up nicely.

And I admit I own 17 Again on blu ray.  

I love that movie. The scene where he gets the make over and slowly gets out of the car at school....oh.my.goodness does he look good!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLoisLane23:
    imageKJmashup:
    imageSookieFrackhouse68:

Dear America,

Please legalize and tax Mary Jane. We could make so much moneez.

SO MUCH MONEEEEEEEEZ.

I'd say we need that right about now, wouldn't you?

Love and kisses,

Sookie

Dude, you should see what all they're doing in Colorado today. In Denver, there is even a city-sanctioned event.

It's on their ballot for November. Colorado will become (the second) New Amsterdam. 

It makes me sad that they are having a smoke-a-thon instead of remembering Columbine. I don't expect the entire nation to care, but Colorado should.

See, if it was the entire state having a smoke-a-thon, I would agree with you.

But Columbine didn't happen in Denver so I don't see anything wrong with the smoke-a-thon. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options

imagePaisley4140:
    Anyone remember Just Say No?  We did that in sixth grade.  I remember at the end, they wanted us to sign these pledge cards saying that we'd never do any drugs or underage drinking.  I threw mine away unsigned.  Even at the age of eleven, I thought drug laws were bullsh1t.

I signed something similar off the back of a pamphlet and then carried a roach (butt end of a smoked joint for all you newbs) inside it for years. I still have the ash stained paper in a box in the basement somewhere.

• Options
    imageCinemaGoddess:
    imageLoisLane23:
    imageKJmashup:
    imageSookieFrackhouse68:

Dear America,

SO MUCH MONEEEEEEEEZ.

Love and kisses,

Sookie

Dude, you should see what all they're doing in Colorado today. In Denver, there is even a city-sanctioned event.

It's on their ballot for November. Colorado will become (the second) New Amsterdam. 

It makes me sad that they are having a smoke-a-thon instead of remembering Columbine. I don't expect the entire nation to care, but Colorado should.

See, if it was the entire state having a smoke-a-thon, I would agree with you.

But Columbine didn't happen in Denver so I don't see anything wrong with the smoke-a-thon. 

Isn't today also Bay of Pigs Day?

I am not discounting the Columbine tragedy by any means, but I don't think the entire should do nothing but mourn all day. And for some people, today's 4/20 events may help them feel better.

"To me, you are perfect."

• Options

Also, I am super mad at my friend, who I just found out has been "sneaking" cigarettes through her enitre pregnancy. But I am more upset with my friend, who isn't pregnant, who smoked one with her!!!

If I had been there I would have screamed at both of them. That is probably why I just found out about this.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagegwinnygirl:
    imagemyself1nme:
    imageeak8angel:

imageYules:
    Pot is gross and smelly and I associate it with greasy hair and trashed college dorms. I don't know what the fuss is all about and why it's connected to anything having to do with peace. I get so paranoid on it, I feel like I'm going to die. 

This is how I am.

To each their own though, it's different for everyone. I know it makes some people feel super fab.

See, I don't get this.  What are you paranoid about? Getting caught?  Fine, I get that, but if it's legal then you don't have to worry about it.

I think it's a general feeling of anxiety/paranoia that smoking brings on, not directly related to getting caught with the pot itself. 

My FFFC, I'm side eyeing my BIL & FSIL for issuing two drink tickets to their wedding guests then making them pay for their alcohol after that - they're also having a cocktail hour.  I think it's supremely tacky to ask your wedding guests to pay for their drinks.

Yyyeaaaa... I mean, don't get me wrong, i realize times are hard, but... Something about that reminds of redeeming my tickets at Mr. Gatti's Pizza in the game room. "Alright I have 2 tickets.... what do i waaaaant? I guess I'll take a tootsie roll :( "

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageEVA116:

I realized that I judge people who whistle. It is so annoying and they always seem pompous to me.

I also have a major crush on Zac Efron. I think he may of replaced Brad Pitt on my hottness scale and became number one for me.

Zac looks so buffed up in his new movie. He is very attractive. And he can sing. He's definitely on my list!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemyself1nme:
    imageeak8angel:

imageYules:
    Pot is gross and smelly and I associate it with greasy hair and trashed college dorms. I don't know what the fuss is all about and why it's connected to anything having to do with peace. I get so paranoid on it, I feel like I'm going to die. 

This is how I am.

To each their own though, it's different for everyone. I know it makes some people feel super fab.

See, I don't get this.  What are you paranoid about? Getting caught?  Fine, I get that, but if it's legal then you don't have to worry about it.

I should say more like anxiety. It almost brings on a panic attack for me. It's over nothing in general it just happens.

• Options
    imagegwinnygirl:
    imagemyself1nme:
    imageeak8angel:

imageYules:

This is how I am.

I think it's a general feeling of anxiety/paranoia that smoking brings on, not directly related to getting caught with the pot itself. 

My FFFC, I'm side eyeing my BIL & FSIL for issuing two drink tickets to their wedding guests then making them pay for their alcohol after that - they're also having a cocktail hour.  I think it's supremely tacky to ask your wedding guests to pay for their drinks.

Bolded: This is a side effect. I had one friend that quit the pot after word got out that she'd get scared if you told her she peed her pants. She'd get paranoid that she did or would and realized it wasn't the drug for her.

Re FFFC: This is normal here. A bottle of red and a bottle of white for each table and then you have to purchase your own drink tickets. I've never been to a wedding with open bar :(

• Options
    imageHesterlicious:
    imagegwinnygirl:
    imagemyself1nme:
    imageeak8angel:

imageYules:

This is how I am.

Bolded: This is a side effect. I had one friend that quit the pot after word got out that she'd get scared if you told her she peed her pants. She'd get paranoid that she did or would and realized it wasn't the drug for her.

Re FFFC: This is normal here. A bottle of red and a bottle of white for each table and then you have to purchase your own drink tickets. I've never been to a wedding with open bar :(

Indifferent  Where is "here?"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Small town Saskatchewan! People take the leftover byobs home after a party too!
  • Options
    imagegwinnygirl:
    imagemyself1nme:
    imageeak8angel:

imageYules:

This is how I am.

It's better than my cousin's weddin' that was BYOB!

image'>image

• Options
    We only had beer and wine at our wedding.  No cocktails.  We supplied all the booze and we didn't want to go broke trying to get our friends drunk. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    imageCinemaGoddess:
    We only had beer and wine at our wedding.  No cocktails.  We supplied all the booze and we didn't want to go broke trying to get our friends drunk. 
    We did this too.
  • Options

Confession - I still cringe when I think of the wine bill from my wedding.

And I didn't have one single drop of wine! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imagebuffaluffagus:
    imagegwinnygirl:

Sweet baby Jesus. If we paid for our guests drinks in full, we would have had to have taken a second mortgage on our house. We did complimentary beer and wine. People still got wasted.

Yea we just did beer and wine and people got super drunk. No need for the hard stuff!
  • Options
    imageEllaHella:

Confession- I didn't have alcohol at my wedding.  It was the deep South and fairly common. 

ETA- We did party afterwards with friends.  Very romantic. 

We were alcohol free too. It would have been a waste because my H's family doesn't drink and the majority of my family doesn't either or were underage. 

i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Options
    imageScout2005:
    imageRayRay007:

These are lame.

I hit a car when dropping off DD this morning and didn't do anything about it.

In my defence, it was more like a rub, and as far as I could tell there wasn't even any paint trasnfer.

But in all seriousness. You should have left a note.

If there wasn't even paint transfer, they probably wouldn't have called it in even. But if they did have issues that you could not see because, you know, not your car and you're not an auto mechanic, then they are now SOL because common courtesy escaped you.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options

imageCinemaGoddess:

This is what we did, as well.  Most weddings I've been to have been beer/wine only.

• Options
    Our open bar cost was pre-determined so we would have paid the same whether everyone had 1 drink or 20 a piece. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageLilyRose28:
    Our open bar cost was pre-determined so we would have paid the same whether everyone had 1 drink or 20 a piece. 

Same..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagescoutkate:

I could not be more meh about pot.  Sure, legalize and tax that shiit.  Sounds good to me.  But I've never found it celebration-worthy or even enjoyable. 

Whatevs. 

Thats two things we agree on in one day!

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    imageEllaHella:
    imagegisa886:
    imageEllaHella:

Confession- I didn't have alcohol at my wedding.  It was the deep South and fairly common. 

ETA- We did party afterwards with friends.  Very romantic. 

We were alcohol free too. It would have been a waste because my H's family doesn't drink and the majority of my family doesn't either or were underage. 

But I had a shitton of alcohol at DS's 1st birthday party.  Hey, it was 10 years later and in a region where that is common.   

We bought beer for her first birthday and couldn't even force people to drink it. My husband didn't mind. More beer for him.  

i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Options
    imagechach916:
    imagescoutkate:

I could not be more meh about pot.  Sure, legalize and tax that shiit.  Sounds good to me.  But I've never found it celebration-worthy or even enjoyable. 

Whatevs. 

But we don't usually disagree . . . do we?

• Options
    imagescoutkate:
    imagechach916:
    imagescoutkate:

Whatevs. 

Only on truly important stuff.  Twist vs Shout?

I'm know there were a couple of others of equal importance that I'm not remembering.

• Options
    imagechach916:
    imagescoutkate:
    imagechach916:
    imagescoutkate:

Whatevs. 

I'm know there were a couple of others of equal importance that I'm not remembering.

THAT'S RIGHT.

::resumes shunning::

• Options
    imageLoisLane23:
    imageKJmashup:
    imageSookieFrackhouse68:

Dear America,

SO MUCH MONEEEEEEEEZ.

Love and kisses,

Sookie

Most of the people at these smoke offs are in the 17-20 year old range, meaning they were 4-7yo when Columbine happened, it was not an important event for them when it happened.  Those of us who were in HS at the time, so close that we went on lockdown, do have heavy hearts today.   

image   image

• Options
    imagescoutkate:
    imagechach916:
    imagescoutkate:
    imagechach916:
    imagescoutkate:

Whatevs. 

THAT'S RIGHT.

Look into my eyes.  You know you wanna.

• Options

imageArdmhs83:
    I agree with all the giggling and making today be such a big deal...who cares.  I do disagree with the pot vs. wine comment in general though.  I have a health education degree and wine vs. pot...totally different.  Yea, they can both make you "high," however, wine is legal, pot is not.  Pot can also cause lung cancer and other respiratory problems.  Wine is not going to cause those lung problems.  Yes, if you consume too much of it, it can cause liver problems and other problems.  A little bit of wine is better for you than pot...hands down. 

I did the pro-legal arguement for comp class and a debate. In order to do as much damage to your lungs as smoking just a pack a day, you would have to smoke 5 entire dubies by yourself in a day. I dont know a single pothead, and I know some big ones who can spend their entire day stoned, who can smoke that much alone. Pot also gets people mellow and meh, as opposed to alcohol which can get some people to become violent or depressed. There are shitloads of cigarette smoking related deaths in a year, but there are no documented cases of someone dying from lung cancer caused solely from pot (even if thats only because the majority of potheads also smoke cigs or drink or both). Fruck that, there are more people who die from trying to light a cigarette while driving than there are ones who die from driving stoned, simply because the stuff makes you not want to do anything. If there is a definite negative to smoking the shiit, its the munchies and related weight gain.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    imageArdmhs83:
    imageCinemaGoddess:
    imageArdmhs83:
    imageCinemaGoddess:

I hate it when people equate pot smoking with being an irresponsible teenager and/or college student.

But then talk about how much wine they drink.

As if wine is somehow different in how it affects the body.

JUST SAYIN'. 

I disagree.  I have a health education degree and wine vs. pot...totally different.  Yea, they can both make you "high," however, wine is legal, pot is not.  Pot can also cause lung cancer and other respiratory problems.  Wine is not going to cause those lung problems.  Yes, if you consume too much of it, it can cause liver problems and other problems.  A little bit of wine is better for you than pot...hands down. 

There have been 0 studies that have proved this.

Also, vaporizing can help alleviate respiratory problems associated with pot smoking.

Also, you can eat pot, which kind of proves that pot itself doesn't cause lung cancer unless you're literally inhaling brownies. 

My health book says otherwise.  Yea, eating pot would be different for sure. 

Health textbooks say a shiitload of stuff that may or may not be entirely true based on the context it is provided in. They also ignore a lot of stuff. Like birth control.

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    imagechach916:
    imagescoutkate:
    imagechach916:
    imagescoutkate:
    imagechach916:
    imagescoutkate:

Whatevs. 

THAT'S RIGHT.

Look into my eyes.  You know you wanna.

SKEEVY.

• Options

You wouldn't want to be at the smoke-a-thon today. "Fish-based" fertilizer is being sprayed on the grass to discourage 420 revelers.

Pot smell > fish smell

• Options

My two cents on weed:

I use to smoke it a lot, last couple of times my anxiety went in to overdrive and I haven't touched it since. I don't mind people smoking it. I do kind of hate it when my BF comes over and is suuuuper stoned.  A little high is fine. I feel like people act like twitchy idiots when they are blasted (incredibly stoned).

I think it makes you stupid. At least short term. I would definitely be slower the next day if I had smoked the night before. Legalize it. Tax it, fo sho. 

flight photo flight_zpsa49d4a0f.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker TickerI'm a -retired- bronze super member Hi, I'm Dave's wife...
  • Options

imageHesterlicious:

Since my entire family is Muslim, we don't really do alcohol at events much. However, two of my cousins got married (not to each other, lol) a few years ago. One of them had an open bar at both the wedding and the dinner at Al Amirs the night before. Al Amir was supposed to be only til the first $2k spent and anything after that was to be paid by the guest, but they went ahead and doubled it without making people pay. The other cousin's reception was on two boats in the harbor around Galveston, and they had a gangplank connecting the two. We got drunkass there, and it was open bar. However, both families throwing the receptions and other events were fairly well off and could afford it. My parents and I would never be able to afford the $20-80k wedding tabs they ran up.

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    imagekblondie44:

You wouldn't want to be at the smoke-a-thon today. "Fish-based" fertilizer is being sprayed on the grass to discourage 420 revelers.

Pot smell > fish smell

That's the one at CU in Boulder. The one in Denver is city sanctioned, and they're not doing this. 

"To me, you are perfect."

• Options
    YulesYules member
    imageCinemaGoddess:

imageYules:

So you're saying you wouldn't steal them if there were pot plants growing outside in front of buildings?

Stick out tongue

H keeps telling me that I need to cash in on my green thumb, especially since I would never sample the merchandise.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"