High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Anyone get taken off pelvic rest and bed rest after 37 weeks?

Is there any hope?  I am on both - this is only my third week and doctor wants to incude me once I hit 37 unless I have a smooth next few weeks and then she said we can re-evaluate.

This is so frustrating!  Has anyone had experience with successful bed/pelvic rest and then being taken off and able to go into labor naturally?

TIA! 

Re: Anyone get taken off pelvic rest and bed rest after 37 weeks?

• Options

With my first pregnancy I was put on bed rest at 32 weeks, taken off at 37 weeks and went into labor naturally at 39 weeks. It is possible.

BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I was taken off bed rest around 37 weeks with both previous stints of bed rest.  I was able to go past my due date by three days with my first baby.  In those three weeks, it was a lot of sex, spicy food and walking but it didn't happen on it's own.  I have placental issues so my OB didn't want me to go too long past due.  With my second, same thing that after 36 weeks I was free although I didn't feel like doing much.  He was measuring large and since i kept having bleeding, I was induced at 38 weeks since they didn't want me to labor at home.  End result were two healthy babies delivered vaginally but I was induced both times.  I had epi's at 9 and 10 cm so maybe I'll try it without them this time.

If all goes well, I am going to push for a natural delivery for #3 and to let it happen without pitocin.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Me!  I was on bed rest from 20 weeks to 36 weeks and my water broke at 40w1d!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was on bed rest for PTL weeks 24 - 37 at which point I was allowed to deliver naturally.  However, DS was breech so I opted for a sched c/s instead at 39 weeks. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"