Parenting after 35

FFFC- Parenting is DANGEROUS!

So the other night I was singing The Itsy Bitsy Spider to Charlie.  I got to the "out came the sun" line and threw my arm in the air a little too enthusiatically and OUT went my shoulder.  OW!  Possibly the worst pain of my life other than childbirth.  I just got worse the next day and was completely locked up so I went to the doctor and to the hospital for xrays.  Nothing is broken but I tore my rotator cuff!  Yes, while singing The Itsy Bitsy Spider.  Now I am on pain relievers and a ton of motrin and still can barely dress myself or wash my hair because I can't lift my arm.  Plus, I have to go to physical therapy.  The kicker???  This weekend is my annual getaway weekend with my girlfriends.  Wahhhh!  I thought about not going, but I figured that I will get more R and R going out of town for the weekend than chasing a toddler around. 

I swear, these things only happen to me!  Be careful next time you sing The Itsy Bitsy Spider. Crying

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FFFC- Parenting is DANGEROUS!

• OMG.  I know that hurts like heck, but that is FRIGGIN' HILARIOUS!

• I'm so sorry!  (and sorry for giggling!)
  • Loading the player...
  • Yikes!  I will never think of that song in the same way now!  (a potential dangerous tune)  : )  Feel Better!
    Married 5/12/07 Took 3 IUIs and 2 IVFs for our sweet boy He was worth the wait! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ouch!I'm sorry :(
  • mwdmwd member
    Have fun this weekend, and refrain from singing, "Row, Row, Row your boat" when you get back.
  • Oh, no!  I hope you're ok!  Sounds like you're quite an enthusiastic singer!  I have to admit that I laughed as I thought you'd only see a post like this on Parenting after 35! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ouch, that sounds painful! I hope you heal quickly! Who knew Itsy Bitsy Spider could be so dangerous. ;)
    imageDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • And when you were making the sign for "sun," you were really saying vagina in American Sign Language! Wink

I hope your shoulder feels better soon! One of my students dislocated her arm carrying her son to bed. YIKES!

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• OMG!  This is something that would happen to me......
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Delivered 3 weeks and 2 days early via emergency c/s due to pre-e

Anniversary
    Trying to Conceive Ticker image
  • Wow, I guess you were a little too enthusiastic while singing that song, lol!! Hope you feel better Smile
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"