Attachment Parenting
Options

F/U to turning feeding into Olympic sport and...

So, it turns out the issue with feeding was the nipple flow.  He just needed a higher flow on the bottle (::facepalm::).  I felt like an idiot.

But now, he has recently gone back on nap strike.  The past three days have been torture for all of us.  DS is miserable because he's not sleeping and we're miserable because he turns into a total monster by the end of the day because he's not napping.  He gets so exhausted by the end of the day that he's just inconsolable and can't even let himself go to bed.  I've had to go back to bedsharing the first part of the night just to keep him asleep for longer than 10 minutes.  

Here's his schedule for the past three days:  

7:30-8p: Start trying to get him to bed (pyjamas, bottle, story, snuggles)

9p: He starts screaming because he doesn't want to sleep (so I start snuggling, patting, humming, etc.)

11p: He finally passes out an upset mess 

5:30a: He wakes up to eat

8a: He finally goes back to sleep

10a: He's awake again

After that it's a 20 minute nap here and a 20 minute nap there until we start over again at 7:30.  He refuses to sleep for longer than 20 minutes after 10a and he never takes more than 3 of these little cat naps.  I'm worried he's not going to get enough sleep and it's going to be bad for his health.

He's great at night, but like always (remembering the 4mo days...) he's just a super crappy napper.  Is he old enough for some kind of gentle sleep training for naps?  Is there an AP way to get a wiggly, high-energy 7mo to take a nap?  Help! 

PS - He doesn't have any teeth yet and when I check his gums, I don't really feel or see anything, so I don't think it's anything physical.   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BFP 02/04/2011;EDD 10/14/2011;Induced due to pre-e 09/07/2011;Jack born 09/08/2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic image image

Re: F/U to turning feeding into Olympic sport and...

• Options
    Have you tried an earlier bedtime? Esp if he won't nap. For a similar age we start the bedtime routine at 6, asleep by 7 at the latest. Later than that and it's major meltdown.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"