Trouble TTC

IUI and lining questions

I'm not sure if I should write this post or not because I have been reading here about ladies not liking new people, and I'm new. I won't be new for much longer because I could really use support from women who know what I'm going through. No one seems to understand how hard this is. I really hope you don't mind me asking this question. I'm sorry for my ignorance as well.

I took 5mg of Famera this cycle. Today is cycle day 9 and I have one follicle that is 1.9cm. I will be doing back to back IUI's within the next few days if all goes well. I'm very concerned about timing. My clinic has you do a trigger shot around 8am in the morning. They do IUI number 1 at 10am the next morning after the trigger and then they do IUI number 2 the next morning after IUI 1 at 10am. That's 26 and 50 hours after the trigger shot. From researching online, this doesn't seem right to me. I have also been doing ultrasound monitoring cycles with Clomid and HCG trigger shots up until now, and I have noticed that I ovulate on the same day as the trigger shot. Will an IUI work if you do it after you ovulate? What should I do?

My ultrasound 2 days ago showed a uterine lining of 6.6mm, and today it was only 6.7mm. Why wouldn't it grow? Isn't the lining supposed to grow 1-2mm a day? The doctors say anything over 6 is considered good, but online I always read that anything under 8 is too thin. I'm so confused, so any answers or advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Re: IUI and lining questions

• First off, I'm not sure where you've been reading people on this board don't like new people. We were all new to this at one time. Just as long as the newbies don't ask questions that have already been asked and answered 50 times in the last 2 days, then you should be fine.

Your IUI timing sounds perfect to me. Most people ovulate 24-36 hrs after the trigger. If you ovulate closer to 24, you'll hit your first IUI perfectly. If you ovulate closer to 36, the egg will still be around at the time of the second IUI. You're covered either way.

Typically, an ovulated egg lives about 24 hrs so even if you ovulate earlier than the 24 hrs (which typically doesn't happen unless you're already surging), then your timing should still be fine.

From my experience, I've seen some doctors who say lining over 6mm is fine (my doc says this), some say 8mm, it just depends. A high 6 isn't horrible and you still have time for it to thicken up. I'm not sure how fast lining grows but 1-2mm/day is usually associated with how fast follies (typically) grow.

HTH!

**PAIF/SAIF Welcome**
    TTC #1 March 2010 - Nov 2012
    Me: 29, PCOS (anov), Hashimoto's Disease // DH: 30, normal SA
    3 Clomid, 1 Clomid/Menopur, 1 Menopur w/ TI (CX 4x's due to cysts) - All BFN
    1 Clomid/Menopur, 2 Menopur, 1 Follistim w/ IUI - All BFN
    RPL & Karyotype testing normal

IUI #5 (12/1/12) --> Follistim + 1/3 hCG Trigger = BFP! EDD: 8/23/13
    Betas --> 61 (13dpo) // 156 (16 dpo) // 223 (18dpo) // 656 (21 dpo)
    U/S --> 5w0d - sac seen // 6w0d - hb detected // 7w0d - hb seen and heard, measuring 6w6d!
    8w6d - wiggly baby! // 9w3d - wiggly baby with fingers!

Baby boy born 8/24/13

imageimageimage 

My Blog: Searching for Lucky Socks

• Hi! I am new here too!!! I have posted on a couple boards & got one response :( I am doing my first IUI as well in a couple of weeks. While I don't know the answer to your ovulation question, I am having lining issues as well.

I have stage 3 endometriosis. We have to keep pushing back our IUI date b/c my lining is not growing. I have gone from a 4.6 to a 6.7. My RE has me on estrogen patches called vivielle dot. I was just wearing one and then I went monday and now he has me wearing 2 and then he will see me on monday. He said that if he can get me above a 7 1/2 that would be great.

Hope this helps you and GL!!! I will be your bump friend!! I need some support too.

TTC #1 since 6/2011 Stage 3 Endometriosis Anovulation IUIs BFN IVF 10/12 success. Twins!!!! 2 little miracles due 7.3.13
  • Loading the player...
  • Last cycle around the same day, I think my lining was 6 or 7 mm, about the same as two days before. By the time I triggered on day 15, it was up to 8 mm. I was a little worried since my doctor had said they like to see 9 mm, but they said the trigger shot and progesterone (if you're taking that) will also help thicken it up.
    imageimage After 2 years of trying with PCOS, 7 rounds of Clomid/Femara, and 2 early miscarriages, we finally found success. :) Due on April 24, 2013! Beta 1 (16 dpo): 477, Beta 2 (19 dpo): 1568, Beta 3 (21 dpo): 3560 Aug 24 - 5w ultrasound - 1 8mm gestational sac Aug 31 - 6w ultrasound - 1 empty 15 mm gestational sac - possible blighted ovum - Beta 41,716 Sept 7 - 7w ultrasound - 2 sacs, heart beats, and fetal poles - TWINS!! Baby A measuring 6w4d, Baby B measuring 6w6d BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagefrustrated20:
    I have also been doing ultrasound monitoring cycles with Clomid and HCG trigger shots up until now, and I have noticed that I ovulate on the same day as the trigger shot. Will an IUI work if you do it after you ovulate? What should I do?  

I am curious how you know so precisely when you ovulate? OPKs and BBTs are not necessarily accurate with the meds.

I think your IUI timing is pretty much textbook. I'm doing just one 36hrs after trigger. I've read the same thing you have about lining thickness, but I have also seen fertility clinics mention successes with linings as low as 5. Just b/c you aren't the "ideal" doesn't mean you are doomed to failure. I don't think your lining sounds too bad, either, and it will likely grow a bit before the IUI. (I believe the trigger may help give both follicles and lining a little, last minute boost.)

4 IUIs: Bfn
    Antagonist IVF 7 retrieved, 4 fert w/ICSI&AH, 2 blasts transferred. Beta #1 9/20: 367 Beta #2 9/22: 841
    image image
  • Agreed with KillerTom - I'm fairly sure that once you do the trigger shot, you ovulate between 24-48 hours after....not saying you definitely can't ovulate same day, but I think it's pretty rare. Anyway, the timing sounds good to me. Depending where you are in your cycle, you might be able to BD the night before trigger if you're that scared about missing the egg. As for the lining, I've heard many different schools of thought. I have heard 6 is the absoolute cutoff (from my old RE's office) and they won't proceed with an IUI if it's anything below that. However my new office hasn't mentioned anything, but they also do endometrin supplements after IUI's (which my old office didn't believe in either). You should be ok at 6.7, and hopefully it will continue to thicken by implantation time. GL~!

PPS. I think this board is very welcome to newcomers, I think its the same old thing of "don't come on the board and complain you've been trying for 9 months and ask if you're ovulating" type thing. If you come on here with legit IF issues and want to get to know people, comment here and there, and ask valuble questions, you'll get a ton of support and well wishes!

TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"