January 2011 Moms

AW your LO

Come on - let's hear how cute all these LOs are.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13

Re: AW your LO

• If you're going to twist my arm ;)

Emily is in that rapid learning phase. We are just sitting back totally amazed at everything she knows. Following two step directions, and naming off body parts. She loves to go up to people, lift her shirt and say "belly", so cute.

I think she picks up a new word every day. She has more words right now than Aiden did at 18 months.

When she wakes up she yells out "MOMMY!" "DADDY!" It's funny how she picks up things Aiden says, since he calls us Mommy and Daddy now. He was using "Mama & Dada" until just a few months ago.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know everyone else's LO has been talking for a while, but mine hasn't so this is exciting to me... she can now say dog, kitty, baby, dad, yumm, hungry, and done. All this one week after her pedi appt. I knew this would happen and it is exactly why I didn't say anything about it to him. Last night I showed her a picture of DH and I and she pointed at DH and said "dad". It was awesome.

She's also been helping me dress her. Yesterday I held open her overalls and she stepped into them one foot at a time. She'll also hold onto the coffee table and lift her feet one at a time so I can put her shoes on. Now if only she'd cooperate that much for diaper changes Wink

• Loading the player...
  • Nothing really new this week, still more shaking of the head no, and is now refering to the dogs as D. When I ask were is Sammy, she will look to him in particular, and the same for Marley. Pretty cool.

• Makenzie "ssshhhed" me yesterday while I was trying to read her a book.  Getting a little sassy already!  She's really into having her toys kiss one another, and kissing the dog.

• I love these stories! They have gotten to such a fun age.

I told DD we were going outside and it was time to get shoes on. Next thing I knew, she was near the door with both her feet in ONE of my shoes and looking at me with a look that was a mixture of "I did what you said! I'm ready to go!" and "Something isn't quite right but I'm not sure what it is."

Another super cute thing she does: She'll pat a seat to get an adult to sit down so she can sit on their laps or get them to do something for her. It looks like a cheesy sitcom.

• JT's not talking much so I'm looking forward to that...

He always puts things in other things that don't belong - like he puts puzzle pieces in the Elefun nose or flashcards in the empty wipe case he plays with. It's so funny.

He's really loving his Cozy Coupe car - I think I'm going to take the floor boards out and teach him how to drive it without me pushing it.

He tries to do the gymnastics/somersaults he learns how to do at The Little Gym at home! So cute. 

• I think Joshua is trying to say a lot more than what we are catching.  He says MaMa, DaDa, Nana, Pop-Pop, Thank You, Bye-Bye & Ball clearly.  I think he is trying to say either Brother or Justin most of the time.  He has just started calling the cats Meow because we had been working on asking him what does the kitty say.

He can point out his nose when you ask him but he sticks his finger up it when you ask him where is nose is.

And the big news - he finally really walked today - he walked around and around the house this evening on his feet and not on his knees.

• Cooper says mama. Not exactly to me but I'll take it. 
  • imageCaniacMom:

I think Joshua is trying to say a lot more than what we are catching.  He says MaMa, DaDa, Nana, Pop-Pop, Thank You, Bye-Bye & Ball clearly.  I think he is trying to say either Brother or Justin most of the time.  He has just started calling the cats Meow because we had been working on asking him what does the kitty say.

He can point out his nose when you ask him but he sticks his finger up it when you ask him where is nose is.

And the big news - he finally really walked today - he walked around and around the house this evening on his feet and not on his knees.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• imageMarSamWhitney:
    imageCaniacMom:

I think Joshua is trying to say a lot more than what we are catching.  He says MaMa, DaDa, Nana, Pop-Pop, Thank You, Bye-Bye & Ball clearly.  I think he is trying to say either Brother or Justin most of the time.  He has just started calling the cats Meow because we had been working on asking him what does the kitty say.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay for walking! And the nose story made me laugh out loud.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"