Blended Families
Options

Hi there... Crazy House

My husband and I have been married for 7 years in June. We have a 3 1/2 year old little boy. Just recently we have taken in my two younger half sisters 15 and 12 in February of 2011. They were in a really bad situation living with their BD, who is the scum of the earth to me and I wish him nothing but the worst. Sorry, but what he did was unexceptable. My mom and their mom wasn't the best mom in the world either and she was in no shape to take them, so I said that they could come stay with us. My mom and I were working out our issues and she even watched my son for me when he was born. I could also turn to her for help on certain issues with the girls. Our mom past away October 2011 from a surgery she had. This situation has totally rocked our house. My sisters get along good with our son, but it is dealing with all the drama. They came from an environment that wasn't very good, so I am consitantly having to tell them to watch their mouth. They don't understand when my husband and I are telling them that the things that they are use to and think are okay aren't okay. It is literally like teaching an old dog tricks. It drives me up the wall to that they don't want to talk or interact with my husband but any other guy they will be all nice to and chat up a storm. That goes the same with whenever we have company over they just habornate up in their rooms or just ignore everyone. But if anyone from their past that isn't good for them comes around or calls they are all about it. Sorry just needed to vent. If anyone has any suggestions on how to deal with this please feel free to give advise.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Hi there... Crazy House

• Options

I recommend therapy.  They may not know how to function without chaos.  Kudos for taking them in.  It will be a long and arduous road but well worth it for your little sisters.

• Options

I'd suggest therapy too.

It sounds like they have had alot of things happen in their lives in a very short amount of time.  

As far as the bad people in their life, are you encouraging them to participate in positive activities.  I was at a point in HS that I was only allowed to socialize with kids from church at church sponsored activities.  

Im sorry, I wish I knew how to motivate teens and tweens, but they are a species unto themselves. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Therapy.  The only way they have a chance at a normal adult life is if they have a chance to work out their issues.  Good luck, what you are doing is amazing.

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options

yup. group and individual therapy. 

your sisters are very lucky to have you

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! They are in therapy. And that is helping a lot. We are difinitely monitoring who they can associate with. I have told them that I know that they think we are being unfair, but it is for the best and hopefully one day they will thank us for it. Thanks again for ya'll support.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"