June 2012 Moms
Options

So glad I asked OB

I know different OBs have different opionions on most things...diet, travel, sleep, internals....Anyway, I asked my OB about having to sleep on my left side or angled that way....He laughed!  Said I can sleep however is comfortable left side, right side on my back or almost on stomach (not completely).  Apparently only a few women have problems if they sleep on their back or right side and they have signs/symptoms...dizzy or pain. 

YAY I can sleep again!

Re: So glad I asked OB

• Options
    You're right.  Every OB is different.  Mine told me the same, just do what's comfortable.  When I freaked out about waking up on back, she was like it was fine because most likely it's not for an extended length of time.
  • Options
    My OB told me how I was sleeping didn't matter... me being exhausted because of no sleep did... I've been sleeping on my right side or almost on my tummy the whole time and little girl is doing just fine
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My OB has never once discussed sleeping positions.  I've woken up on my back a few times, and I'm uncomfortable.  I figure it's just my body's way of telling me to move.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mine also said the same thing. He said you'd have to lie really flat to possible have some problems, but your body you and you'd wake up most likely.
  • Options

My OB said the same thing and then said something that was like a a DUH moment for me! She asked me "how do we have you lay when you are in labor/delivering? On your back!" Most labor and deliveries last as long as if not longer than a full nights rest so what is the difference? Nothing! If you can sleep on your right side, back or left side then go for it!

• Options
    I have such hip pain from sleeping on my side, and combined with my sciatica, it makes me almost unable to walk when I wake up at night to pee.  So, sometimes I have to sleep on my back to take the pressure off.  When I do, I always prop myself up with a bunch of pillows like when I'm sick. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"