Natural Birth
Options

education on the birthing process

I'm signed up for some classes but not until June, in the mean time my DH and I want to learn as much as we can about the entire process from getting my first contraction to whatever happens after I give birth.  I don't want to become paranoid so I'm not looking for any sort of techniques on how to get through it or anything like that, I just want to know what happens.  Does anyone know of some good websites or books that can give us the info we should have?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: education on the birthing process

• Options

Not sure how technical you want to get but I really liked the sections in both Ina Mae's Guide to Childbirth and Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way that explained what happens during labor and birth.  Both of those books contain a lot of additional stuff that may or may not be useful to you depending on how crunchy you're willing to go.  But, if you stick to the stuff about the actual physiological aspects of the birth process they should provide a good start on the information you're looking for.

• Options
    Hypnobirthing by Marie Mongnan has been the most helpful book I've read this pregnancy :) also watch the business of being born and pregnant in America 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageamber323:
    Hypnobirthing by Marie Mongnan has been the most helpful book I've read this pregnancy :) also watch the business of being born and pregnant in America 

Yes yes, very helpful.

EDITEDEVERLYBEAUTYSHOT565923_751707052852_1602485043_n_zps74c305a1 photo EDITEDEVERLYBEAUTYSHOT565923_751707052852_1602485043_n_zps74c305a1-1_zps6c64b4ff.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

All those books are great, but to get a good idea of not only pregnancy development, but also the stages of delivery, I really like the movie "In the Womb" by National Geographic (2005).  I think you could get it from your library or Netflix (DVDs).  It has amazing pictures of baby development and goes through the stages of labor at the end. 

It was a quick movie to watch and shows a natural delivery at the end.  Great for DH who wasn't into reading everything I did. 

Two boys already - ages 5 and 3...

...baby #3 is here...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for all the film ideas ladies!  We really aren't much readers.  I know I want to watch business of being born but I didn't know about the others.  I think we will have to look into netflix.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"