June 2012 Moms
Options

Stop telling me......(rant)

How many of you are tired of hearing "You look so tired", or "wow your getting big?"

I love when I drag myself into work to be told by my co-workers all of these things plus some. Let's see....I am tired because 1.) I woke up to pee 75x last night and 10x with extreme leg cramps 2). I have a 4 yr old that is refusing to sleep in her own bed since she broke her arm this weekend 3.) I am carrying around a crap load of extra weight right now, 4.) I work 40+ hours a week 5) I AM GETTING BIG BECASUE I AM 8 MONTHS PREGNANT....I really want to say "Am I supposed to be shrinking?"  ...do I need to go on. lol

You would think this would be coming from people who do not know what it is like to have a baby. I find I am getting more annoyed w people since I hit my 30 week mark. Now at almost 33 weeks I am beyond annoyed lol. My poor DH has been handeling me so well too :)

Todays pregnancy rant over :)  Hope everyone is having a good hump day and feeling well...even if it is feeling "whale like" and well

Re: Stop telling me......(rant)

• Options

I hear ya. I'm getting annoyed too. If one more person asks me what we are naming her I'm going to scream. I get asked several times a day and its annoying. We don't have a name yet and probably won't until we have to make a decision(i.e. after she is here). People don't seem to get that or assuming we are lying and just aren't telling anyone. 

We are so close though! Sorry about your DD too. I can't imagine a 4 year old with a broken arm :(

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yeah, I get the "wow you're getting big" comment a lot (I carry small, so it's just now becoming really noticable). I always reply with "Well, he's not getting smaller" and a chuckle so it doesn't come off as too snarky. 

Only 8 more weeks, and then all the attention can be on the baby...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We must work in the same office.  I got some straight up idiots up in here today.  I just posted my rant as well.  People are inconsiderate and rude.  With all you have going on, you don't need all the comments.  It doesn't help.  "How about, can I get you a smoothie?" Or "Would you like a stool to put your feet up?"
  • Options
    What gets me worse than people telling me I look huge or tired is those asshats that simply stare or gawk. I'm pregnant, not a circus freak.
  • Options
    Loves rants. I am DONE with the train. If one more man stares at me standing up getting pushed all over the place and continues to sit his a$$ on the sit I am going to scream!! I am visible pregnant now there is no excuse. Yesterday I got run over for someone to take a seat and then stood for 2 stops while above man kept looking at my belly in his face. Then when I woman next to him got up to leave and I tried to sit down I got cut off by some woman. I was pissed and having none of it, so I said "Excuse me...really?!?!?" and gave her a dirty look, she actually got up and me and my sore back and active baby (it picked that time to go all crazy moving around, actually kind of funny) sat down. The jacka$$ man continued to stare at my belly that was moving all around. SOME PEOPLE!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

One of my residents said "we need to widen the doors for you"...this morning...I almost drop kicked her.  Luckily my coworker was standing right tthere and set her straight..and then another resident said "you're so skinny from behind"...thank you...thank you very much.

I am SO sick of talking about this pregnancy...trying to enjoy these last weeks but it's hard with stupid people all over the place.  Guess they think that's all I want to talk about...ugh! 

Lionyl Osborne "Lio" is here! May 23rd 2012 at 2:54am 8lbs 4oz 21inches Born at 37weeks 6days
    DD #1 born 9/3/2003 - 8 years old - 3rd grade!
    DD #2 born 3/22/2007 - 5 years old - in full time preschool

• Options
    or the when are you due? I get that alot from the same people everyday. then whe I tell them they look wideeyed and say wow you poor thing thtat much longer :(. seriously.
  • Options
    I started our team meeting this morning by saying "the next person who tells me my belly looks HUGE" I am automatically denying any requests you send my way the rest of the day. That seemed to curb any more comments for the day (I had already heard it 4 times before the meeting started).
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"