Missouri Babies
Options

Where to buy...

Nursery furniture?  I saw a post a week ago or so about Overstock Freight?  Are there any other bargain places in the metro people would suggest?  DH and I are finished with NFM...  Too many bad experiences with them.

TIA!
BabyFruit Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Where to buy...

• Options
    Well I was going to suggest NFM since that is where we bought all of our nursery furniture. Sorry you have had so many bad experiences, we have always been so happy with their service.
    M E L I S S A My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageMelZull:
    Well I was going to suggest NFM since that is where we bought all of our nursery furniture. Sorry you have had so many bad experiences, we have always been so happy with their service.

Ditto!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yep-I'd go to Overstock Freight before you go anywhere else! They don't sell cribs, but you can find a really nice dresser or armoire there for half of what it sells for at BRU. Some have some scuffs, but some are in perfect shape!

And some of my friends ordered their furniture from JC Penney's, but there aren't any stores where you can actually go look before you order. They all seem to like their stuff though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We ordered from JC Penney online.  They were having a sale plus we did ship to store and got free shipping.  No problems whatsoever and we get so many compliments on how our furniture looks.

• Options

Thanks for the info ladies!

In regard to NFM...  The last three times we've purchased furniture we've had horrible problems.  The first time involved a delivery fiasco and then the last two times we never actually got any of our stuff.  We ordered an entire bedroom set for our MB and was told it wouldn't be delivered for another 3 months.  When the three months came, they called and told us we needed to come in and pick something else because it had been discontinued.  We did, and then had the same thing happen again!  We finally cancelled the order 2 months after reordering a different set and still not having it available!  You ladies are lucky if you haven't had any issues!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Another vote for Overstock Freight- we got our dresser there for $300 less than BRU charges. We have been watching Overstock Freight's listings for a recliner and also another business in Lee's Summit called Kiddos Collection that I believe is based out of someone's house. I think it's mostly floor models/returns, although some of the stuff is damaged & repaired (they always note this in the listings). I haven't bought anything from them yet, so I can't vouch for the quality.

Their website is:

https://kiddoscollection.blogspot.com/ 

and Overstock's current offerings are here.

There was also this article in the paper yesterday about bargain furniture places. I'm not sure if any of them carry baby furniture, but it might be worth a phone call.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We bought our nursery furniture from simplybabyfurniture.com.  It's free shipping and their prices were comparable.  I ordered a set that came with a dresser, combo dresser, and crib.  I'm really pleased with the furniture quality (real wood).  I received the dressers right away, but the crib is backordered (which I knew already).  They have tons of selection though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"