June 2012 Moms
Options

Kids say the darndest...

So last week I was administering a standardized test to a fourth grader who has Apserger's. Since he is so distractible and cannot work (or breathe, God love him) without talking, he has to test in a room without other kids. So we were sitting there one-on-one when LO suddenly kicked me so hard in the ribs that I flinched. The kiddo looked at me with saucer-sized eyes and asked, "Is it ready to come out???"

Fast forward to today and the same kiddo. He's still worried about the baby coming out, so no joke...he told me to be careful not to squeeze him out when I go to the bathroom! His new teacher was just horrified and kept trying to hush him as he's telling me a foot might poke out or something, and I am just rolling and trying not to wet my pants from laughing too hard.

Re: Kids say the darndest...

• Options
    I love it! Bless his little heart, he's just worried about you and the baby. :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

God, I miss teaching.  Give him a squeeze for me.

My good friend has a 2 year old, and we were telling her I was going to have a baby.  The little girl wanted to SEE the baby.  I told her it was in my stomach, so you couldn't see him just yet.  She kept lifting my shirt, stomping her foot and demanding to see the baby.  She eventually started accusing us of lying and saying that there was no baby, because she couldn't see it.

I just can't wait to have my own!  Oh, the books we could write! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    we were talking about babies in my 1 and half year old class yesterday... well baby animals... and going over the names... like Lamb, Kid, you know... So I pointed to me and said whats my name... the Kids say Dani, then I point to my belly and say whats in here and the oldest one says Baby Bookie... I was so excited! 
  • Options
    imagekjem182:

God, I miss teaching.  Give him a squeeze for me.

My good friend has a 2 year old, and we were telling her I was going to have a baby.  The little girl wanted to SEE the baby.  I told her it was in my stomach, so you couldn't see him just yet.  She kept lifting my shirt, stomping her foot and demanding to see the baby.  She eventually started accusing us of lying and saying that there was no baby, because she couldn't see it.

I just can't wait to have my own!  Oh, the books we could write! 

At my baby shower this weekend there was a little girl who thought she was going to see a baby too and didn't believe me it was in my stomach.  She thought it was just under my dress and then bent down to look under my dress to try and see the baby.  It was pretty funny!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"