June 2012 Moms

group B strep

Angry

I just got a call. At my 31 week appt they did another urine culture for GBS and it was positive again. They treated me at 9 weeks, but aparently I am "colonized" pretty seriously. The OB called in a Rx for me again and said I need 10 days of penicillin one more time, and then definitely IV antibiotics during delivery.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: group B strep

• I was positive with my last DD, but was only given antibiotics during delivery.  I think that's why DD got thrush after delivery from breastfeeding?  Anyway, maybe keep an eye out for that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I will definitely. Thanks for the heads up!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was positive with DD. My urine was negative but my culture was positive so I had IV antibiotics during labor. I'm allergic to penicillin so they gave me erythromyocin instead. DD was born without any problems and, honestly, she's one of the healthiest kids I've ever come across. I'm fully expecting to need and IV again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They tested you that early? Is that standard or did you have a reason? At my 31 week appt yesterday, my OB said she is going to do that test in 2 weeks at my next appt.
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • I was positive with DS. It was fine. I just had to go to the hospital when my water broke to be put on antibiotics. I couldn't labor at home. My water broke right at the beginning of labor unfortunately.

They aren't even testing me this time. My doctor said once you carry the bacteria, you always carry it. So I will need to be put on antibiotics for this delivery too. Better to be safe than sorry is what I'm thinking!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"