June 2012 Moms

survey; check-in on where are you?

Is the nursery ready?

Is your hospital bag packed?

Have you preregistered at the hospital?

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc?

Just curious to see where we all are in preparing?

My answers:

Nursery is ready to go!

Diaper bag is semi-packed...mine I have not yet started.

I have NOT preregistered yet, going to ask Dr. about it at the next appointment on Monday 23rd.

All clothes 0-6 months are washed, folded & put away as well as blankets, towels, etc. 

Lionyl Osborne "Lio" is here! May 23rd 2012 at 2:54am 8lbs 4oz 21inches Born at 37weeks 6days
DD #1 born 9/3/2003 - 8 years old - 3rd grade!
DD #2 born 3/22/2007 - 5 years old - in full time preschool

Re: survey; check-in on where are you?

• All my answers to this question are no...yikes!

We're moving though in 2 weeks so it explains most of those things.

And we're registering with the hospital at our next birthing class.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Since I'm not a FTM, I have less to do then many of you :) We are pretty much ready except for some laundry, packing hospital bag, and getting back out some of our big baby items(swing, bouncy seat, etc). Those tasks are easy and can be completed fairly easy though.

Is the nursery ready? Yes. DS and DD will be sharing a room for the next few months so we didn't have much to do luckily.

Is your hospital bag packed? Not yet. But I have my list ready. I plan on doing it this weekend.

Have you preregistered at the hospital? We don't need too. We have to check in when we get there anyway.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? Hand me downs are washed. New clothes will be washed this week.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Is the nursery ready? Yes.  We recycled it from our daughter.  I just washed the last of the items to rewash (car seat cover, bouncy seat cover, swing cover, and borrowed gender neutral clothes) this weekend.  I just have to reassemble all covers and it's done.

Is your hospital bag packed? Yes, everything except electronics and their chargers as we are still using those.

Have you preregistered at the hospital? Yes. My hospital sends out a form for you to fill out and I mailed it back a couple weeks ago.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? I've washed the few gender neutral ones that we have as we are Team Green.  If we have a boy, we're borrowing clothes from a friend and if it's a girl I'll pull out DD's old clothes and rewash them after baby is born.

~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • imagetheabbey5:

Is the nursery ready? Yes, I have the crib up and room painted. I just need to do a little decorating

Is your hospital bag packed? NO....this stresses me out for some reason.

Have you preregistered at the hospital? Yes and no. Apparently my hospital doesn't preregister because everything is already in the computer. I have some forms to fill out and give back and thats all I need to do.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? Yes, I just need to fold and put away.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Is the nursery ready? We have furniture and its painted.  My baby shower is next weekend so we will finish it after that.

Is your hospital bag packed? No but its started.

Have you preregistered at the hospital? Not yet, we are taking some classes there next month so I will do it when we are there.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? No, I will after the shower.  We have a ton already and I don't want to wash them all in case he doesn't wear them.

BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy
  • Is the nursery ready? Very close.  PBK is supposed to send a replacement valance that DH needs to hang, we need to hang the wall letters and we need to put together a small shelf to go beside of a dresser.

Is your hospital bag packed? Nope and I won't do that for a few more weeks.

Have you preregistered at the hospital? No.  My OB gave me the papers really early last time and then I had a miscarriage, so I think he has intentionally held off this time.  I'm certainly in the hospital's system though.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? No, but I want to start on that this weekend once DH gets the remainder of his clothes out of that closet.

• imagetheabbey5:

Is the nursery ready?  Nope, still working on decorations but have all the major stuff.

Is your hospital bag packed?  No again.  But I am at the end of this board and not even 30 weeks yet.  I have my list from last time.

Have you preregistered at the hospital?  No, my DH just got a new job and I am waiting until 2 weeks when the new insurance starts.  Although it doesn't matter because last time I pre-registered and they just made me do it all over again when we arrived anyway.  Loved answering all of those questions and verifying my address in between contractions.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc?  Yes.  Still need to wash blankets and burp cloths.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Is the nursery ready? Yes, just a few more decorations to go, and really, that's just for me.

Is your hospital bag packed?  No, and my husband is freaking out about this.  I'm not terribly worried about it, it will get done.

Have you preregistered at the hospital?  Yes.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc?  Yes.  All of them :D

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Is the nursery ready? Yes, as in all of the furniture is together and in place, I still have to actually organize the change table, bath gear, toys, and the dresser.

Is your hospital bag packed? Nope. But I'm collecting/making a list of the things I want to bring. I'll definitely have it packed by 35 weeks (I'll be going away for weeks 35 and 36 and want to bring a hospital bag just in case)

Have you preregistered at the hospital? No. We're not doing a hospital tour until I'm done work at 35 weeks. We'll go for the tour and pre-register after that.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? I've washed all of the sheets, blankets, towels, washcloths, and clothes that we bought, simply to get them out of the bags and into the dresser. BUT I want to re(organize) the dresser, linens, and bath things so I'll probably re-wash everything. I don't really need to, but... I'm going to anyway.

• Good questions!

Is the nursery ready? Mostly...

Is your hospital bag packed? Nope

Have you preregistered at the hospital? Nope

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? Nope

I need to get working on some things... yikes!

• Is the nursery ready? No. Don't even have one. She'll room in and bedshare with me for at least 6 months. We're planning to move though to accomodate the new family member though.

Is your hospital bag packed? Hospital bag- no. Baby bag- yes.

Have you preregistered at the hospital? Nope.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? Yes, all are washed and put away in the dresser or hanging in my closet.

DS#1- 7/2002

DS#2- 6/2004

DS#3- 9/2007

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagetheabbey5:

Is the nursery ready? Nope.  DS is still in there, and we need to get his new room ready before we can even start on changing the boy stuff to girl stuff in the nursery

Is your hospital bag packed? Nope - but I didn't pack this until I was 37 weeks the last time either.

Have you preregistered at the hospital?  No need.  I'm automatically admitted to where my OB practices.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc?  I only have a few onsies so far.  I'm waiting to get all of my niece's stuff.  So...no, not really.

• Is the nursery ready? - Nope.  The decorating is mostly done, but we haven't made room for LO#2 in there.  DD & LO#2 will be sharing.   Lots of organizing to be done.

Is your hospital bag packed? - Nope, but I started to make my essentials list.  I won't pack until labor starts.

Have you preregistered at the hospital?  No, but I should get on this. Thanks for the reminder.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc?  Nope, still need to go down to the basement and break open the 6 rubbermaid bins full of things I put away from DD.  I'll probably wait a few more weeks on this, since I don't have any place to put the clothes once I dig them out.  

Ok, this did not make me feel any better.

• Is the nursery ready? Mostly. DS2 is still living in there until after the baby comes. Then he'll move in with DS1 and we'll redecorate both rooms (new art, drapes, etc... no painting this time!).

Is your hospital bag packed? Not yet. We have the bag down out of the attic but my list is pretty short this time. With DS1 we took way to much stuff.

Have you preregistered at the hospital? Yes. When I was there for the stomach virus last time they had me register since there wasn't much going on.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? Yes, I just reorganized all the sizes and rewashed all the burp towels, sheets, and the carseat cover and pads. I forgot how much work it is to take that thing apart!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Is the nursery ready?   No!!

Is your hospital bag packed? No!! I have lo's outfits picked out though

Have you preregistered at the hospital? yes!!

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? not yet, but I bought detergent!

Alison & Britten-Married April 16, 2011 in Miami Beach Farrah Ann arrived May 4, 2012- 6 weeks early! 5 lbs 6 oz. and 19 1/4 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetheabbey5:

Is the nursery ready? yes

Is your hospital bag packed? No we are having a home birth..although i know i should pack something "just in case"

Have you preregistered at the hospital? just in case

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? yup

Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemwitter80:

All my answers to this question are no...yikes!

We're moving though in 2 weeks so it explains most of those things.

And we're registering with the hospital at our next birthing class.  

This is us exactly. I do plan on packing my hospital bag before we pack all of our boxes, just so I don't have to hunt stuff down and I pre-registered at the hospital online, but that's it. Crib is still in a box. Baby clothes are in a box. Yikes.

Baby Boy - Born June 8, 2012 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Is the nursery ready? Yes. I don't think its mandatory, really. Archer will be in a bassinet in our bedroom for 9 months. But even so...it is ready.

Is your hospital bag packed? No. The bag is chosen and the toiletries are done, but not the clothes.

Have you preregistered at the hospital? No - form is filled out. I need to fax it.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? I am waiting until I have my other two baby showers (I know how lucky I am). I think I'm going to have too many clothes in the NB sizes and will choose some to return.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Is the nursery ready? ummm about 70%

Is your hospital bag packed? ummm about 60%

Have you preregistered at the hospital? yes! it was required in my 5th month

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? only newborns, blankets and 0-3, everyrthing else is hanging or boxed... but i do this in rounds. one round clean and packed away, and another round of laundry this week. followed by more after the baby shower!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • sam19sam19 member

Nursery not ready. We just need to clean it out/organize most of it though.

Hospital bag and diaper bag are not packed.

I have not pre-registered. Will do that around 34 weeks.

Clothes are not washed. They are all hanging in her closet. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Is the nursery ready? NOPE!  We plan to wrap the things up this weekend.

Is your hospital bag packed? It was, then I saw some pants in there I really wanted to wear.  LOL!  And the socks.  Once I replace those two, then yes all packed.

Have you preregistered at the hospital? Yes!  All set with that one.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc?  After winning an argument with DH over using Dreft instead of the Tide Free and Clear, I will be doing that this weekend.

• Is the nursery ready? Not even close just started it yesterday and got the crib set upIs your hospital bag packed? No I will do that at 35 weeksHave you preregistered at the hospital? Yes and the tour is a week from saturdayHave you washed LO's clothes, etc? Most of them
  • No to all the questions. The only thing I'm bothered by is the nursery not being ready. Our spare bedroom, which will be the nursery, is filled with dh's crap. He's moved a lot to storage, but it's still overflowing. I've been trying to nudge him along, and I finally had to give him a deadline, which I'm sure he'll meet at the very last momet, to get his stuff out or at least organized and put away in the closet.
  • Is the nursery ready?

Almost! I just need to strip the wallpaper trim and replace it with baby friendly wallpaper trim. Almost done!!! 

Is your hospital bag packed?

Yikes! Nope! Haven't even thoughts about it. 

Have you preregistered at the hospital?

Yes!! :) 

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc?

Yes!! All ready to go in her dresser.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagetheabbey5:

Is the nursery ready? Sort of...The crib is in there, in pieces but in the room. Clothing is in bins from DS that DH pulled out of attic. DS2 has new crib sheets. 

Is your hospital bag packed? Nope...I know myself and I KNOW that will get done at the 11th hour, like when I am in labor...

Have you preregistered at the hospital? Nope but the packet is on my desk lol. 

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? Nope.

I kind of suck at this prep for baby stuff...When I was pg with DS all of this stuff was done by May and he was born mid July.  I did buy a coming home outfit from baby gap.  

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes to all of it.

Nursery has been done for about 2 months, All her clothes are washed and put away, just need to pack her coming home outfit, pre registered like a m onth ago and now I have my induction set up so all I need is the baby lol.

• Is the nursery ready? Yes - we finished it yesterday!

Is your hospital bag packed? No - doing that this week.

Have you preregistered at the hospital? Yes we got a sheet that I sent in but have not heard anything back.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? Just finished yesterday - need to get cloth diapers still but that's it I think.

• Is the nursery ready? - Mostly

Is your hospital bag packed? Nope.  I hadn't thought about the diaper bag.

Have you preregistered at the hospital? Nope, I should look into this.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? I washed a few onesies and towels yesterday.  I plan on washing blankets and bibs sometime this week. 

• imagetheabbey5:

Is the nursery ready? The crib, bookcase, and glider are assembled. Books are put away, all of his clothes and diapers are organized. We haven't had our showers yet so it's only about 75% done. 

Is your hospital bag packed? Nope! I plan on writing a packing list next week and packing most of it in 2 or 3 weeks.

Have you preregistered at the hospital? Not yet.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? Yes. My Sister gave me a TON of clothes. I washed them and organized them about a month ago. I don't want to be stuck doing everything at the end when Im miserable.

• No

No

No, my hospital does not preregister, annoyingly enough!

No. I don't have a change table/dresser to put them in yet.

I just finally got a doctor's note to work less hours with less lifting, so I hope that I'll have more energy to do some of these very important tasks. Can't wait to stop working completely at 35 weeks!! 

• Is the nursery ready? Yep!  Walls and mural are painted, furniture is painted and wiped down, book/toy shelf is organized and filled, mobile is hung, etc.  The mirror needs to be raised and the rug needs to be vacuumed.  Oh, and dh needs to finish painting his uncomfortable rocking chair he insists on having in there, but I've washed my hands of that project.

Is your hospital bag packed? This weekend.  We just got back from a wedding and used the small rolling suitcase for the trip.  I have my list and will pack it up before Sunday night!  Items I need to remember to put in-Disability Insurance paperwork for the hospital to fill out and a box of chocolates for the doctors and nurses' lounge-apparently this is a very politically correct thing to do.

Have you preregistered at the hospital? Yes.  I did it while waiting on my 1-hour glucose test.  I just met with our pediatrician this morning, so I have to go back and put him on the paperwork.  Everything else is done.  I also have my maternity leave paperwork done and will send it in tomorrow.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? Yep!  I got a few more outfits this weekend from my mom that need to be thrown in, but everything I have gotten up until now is washed.

Things I still have to do: get my 'stuff' together to have next to the bed-nipple cream, pads, etc.  Finish the diaper bags-waiting on a friend to sew the spit rags (funny, I know, but he's totally in to it) and put the disposable diapers in (this can wait until the baby is born-we do have them).  I also need to throw a few more things in the back of the car for road trips (extra onsies, extra tops for us, spit rags) and get the car seat. 

• Is the nursery ready? Absolutely not, still covered in drywall dust. Trying to get the carpet cleaner and the air duct cleaner in here in the next week or two so I can set up the crib and stuff.

Is your hospital bag packed? Nope, I'll just end up taking everything out of it between now and then so no point in doing it yet.

Have you preregistered at the hospital? We will pre-register at our birthing class on May 5th

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? I finally went and bought some All Free and Clear the other day, I'll get around to washing them when I have somewhere to put them away (aka the nursery)

God Bless if this child comes early because I am so not ready. I have convinced myself that I'm going to be late which means I have like an extra week or so to plan. I bet I will be still trying to "finish up things" when my contractions begin! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My answers are all no...but I'm not that concerned about it yet ;) Still got a few days left.

claudia poirier
    Little Dude: 16 Apr. 2009 | Little Doll: 10 Jun. 2012

• Is the nursery ready? All decorated... no. But if this baby came tomorrow he'd have everything he needs. 

Is your hospital bag packed? no 

Have you preregistered at the hospital? i have the paperwork filled out and will drop it off on my tour next week

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? just the 0-6 month stuff, bedding and blankets.

• Is the nursery ready? Currently working on it. 

Is your hospital bag packed? Nope, not stressing to much about this, will deal with it when I'm much closer to my due date. I'm only at 30 weeks.

Have you preregistered at the hospital? Yes.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? Yes, this past weekend. 

~ Mom to amazing daughter Sophia, born 2012
    ~ MC April 2015 at 16 weeks 
    ~ Current DD 10/2016
  • Is the nursery ready?  No.

Is your hospital bag packed?  No.

Have you preregistered at the hospital?  No.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc?  No.

Uhh...Holy crap, I really need to get cracking on this stuff...

• Is the nursery ready? No

Is your hospital bag packed? kind of

Have you preregistered at the hospital? don't need to.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? nope

man do I have a lot of work to do!!!   

Jennifer TTC #1 Dx PCOS 2009 Apr, Aug, and Sept tried clomid cycles.... BFN. Oct...DH SA results were normal. Me...HSG - left tube was clear, right tube was slightly blocked. Dec - Clomid #4 200mg Feb 2010 - IUI #1 200mg Clomid = BFN. June 2010 - IUI #2 200mg Clomid = BFN. March 2011 - IUI #3 w/ injectables = BFN (1st & last with RE, moving on to IVF). July 2011 - consult for IVF. Sept 2011, 1st IVF. Got our BFP on 10/2/11. Became a mom on 5/5/12 to a beautiful baby boy! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Is the nursery ready? Technically, yes, but our DD is still sleeping in what will be the new baby's nursery. We just ordered her big girl bed and are hoping to TRY to transition to get her new room ready as soon as everything arrives.  It's amazing how much more behind/laid back we are this time around.

Is your hospital bag packed? Nope, I'll probably do that at about 36 weeks. It doesn't take me too long to pack.

Have you preregistered at the hospital? Yes, but I really don't see the point since you have to check-in and essentially answer the same questions when you're in labor anyway.

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? Nope. I'm thinking I'll use Memorial Day weekend to get all of that done.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Is the nursery ready? All we need to do is hang a mirror and 2 picture frames

Is your hospital bag packed? No, but I plan on starting that this weekend!

Have you preregistered at the hospital? Yes, thankfully I can do that online with my hospital

Have you washed LO's clothes, etc? Some of them but not all.

• No, no, no*, and no**.

*Hospital does not require preregistering.

**Just bought the first few outfits for DD this week.  

DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"