Health & Exercise

Hit a plateau need help

I gained 30 pounds with my second child who I had in November. I lost 20 pounds in 10 weeks, mostly from breastfeeding. I am done nursing, and I still have 10 pounds left to lose. I haven't lost any weight since the end of January:(

I just don't know what to do, because I feel like I am doing all of the right things. I have never been overweight and have never had to actually work at losing weight. I have been healthy and active my whole life, so to have to TRY and lose weight is very hard, mentally. I know my body has changed and won't be exactly the same, but I have seen many friends get back into shape, and I want to be there, too.

I know they say 9 months on, 9 months off. I am trying to keep that in mind. 80% of the time I eat really well - greek yogurt, fruit, tons of veggies, hummus, fish and rice is what I eat on a typical day. I drink tons of water and don't drink soda. I watch the sugar. I splurge on my wine, about 4 glasses per week, and I love chocolate. Can't give up everything. I also love a good beer and a burger now and then, but have to watch it.

As far as workout, I walk every day at least 45 minutes. I also jog three times per week, do Zumba once a week, and then just chase my kids around. I lift weights a few times a week at home.

I guess my main question is, how do I revamp my workout and diet to kick start a 10 pound weight loss and keep it off, when I am already doing the good things. It's not like I can cut out soda or sugary cereal - I don't eat that stuff.

Should I just keep doing what I am doing, or am I not doing enough?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hit a plateau need help

• Maybe try getting an app where you enter everything you eat and track your calories, carbs, fat and sodium. I've found that just trying to eat healty or watching my calories isn't enough for me. I have to watch sodium because I retain water really bad thanks to genes and infertility meds. Often I'll think I'm making the right choices and am shocked at what I'm actually eating! Good luck!

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• I agree with getting an app or just having a food diary of some sort. It can help gauge how much you are truly eating. 

Before I began my journey to a healthy lifestyle, I used to only count calories. And was pretty terrible at it. I would just look at a package and assume the information was correct or didn't bother to accurately measure out the potions.

I think everything is about balance. Also you must really be accountable for what you eat.

Remember every bite counts, no matter how small. Condiments count, 1 M&M count, drinks count, etc. 

Also keep in mind that the body does get used to functioning a certain way and maybe mixing things up a bit could also help.  

My 36 week photo image Jared Ryu imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"