Postpartum Depression

zoloft users

How long did it take for you to feel any improvement? They say it can take a couple - three weeks for full effect. I'm really sick of feeling miserable all the time! 

+ OPK July 6, 2011 IUI with anonymous donor sperm July 7, 2011 BFP July 21, 2011 Baby Girl Harper born via emergency C-section 3/22/12!

Re: zoloft users

• I felt better within a week but not fully until about 2-3 weeks after starting it
  • It really depends on what you're being treated for. I was on Zoloft for OCD and anxiety disorders tend to take longer to respond to SSRIs than depression. For anxiety, it is generally 6-8 weeks for full benefit once you are at a therapeutic dose. And it took me six weeks to work up from a dose of 25mg to 100mg. So, it was several months before I was feeling the **full* benefits of it.

I would say I noticed some improvement within 4-6 weeks of starting it, but I was also doing therapy at the time as well.

But again, it's specific to what is being treated.  
    image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Therapeutic level is usually reached in three weeks. I've seen marked improvement within six weeks.  

As the PP says, therapy with the meds will get you through this easier and faster.

FWIW: It does get better.  There are so many of us who know where you are and what you're going through. I am here to tell you that I was incredibly frustrated with how I was feeling, but I am a FAR cry from where I started from. I hated not feeling like myself.  I NEVER thought that I would be going though this, nobody expects it. Be patient... That's what everyone told me. You will come through this even stronger than before.  Sending you prayers... :)

Married my Best Friend on 7/8/07 Welcomed our very own Little Miracle on 2/9/12 Life is GOOD...
  • kdjuddkdjudd member
    It depends on what you are taking the medication for. My doctor told me that Zoloft doesn't produce an obvious improvement right away. It's more of a medication that you take and over time notice results when you look back. I think it's helping me a lot, but it's taken time for me to see a difference. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"