Natural Birth
Options

stats on spontaneous first birth?

Does anyone have any statistics on when most spontaneous FIRST births occur? I can't seem to find any information. Are most after the 41 week point? TIA! 
                                                                               4.24.12                                                                            5.7.14
              imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby #2 Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFetus Ticker

imageimageimageimage

Re: stats on spontaneous first birth?

• Options

Only 3% of births occur 42w or later. Meaning 97% occur before 42w. I believe the avg for FTM is 41w +/- a couple of days and 2+ moms it's 38w-39w depending on age and previous birth history.

Don't ask for sources, because I can't remember WHERE I got that from...Mayo? March of Dimes? ACOG?  Maybe even a midwife site.

• Options

I gave birth at 41w1d

My MW's told me anything 2 weeks before or after due date is totally normal. They were expecting me to go around 41 weeks, not sure if that was based on my personal health history or if it was based on what they see from first time moms or stats. 

We did do a non-stress test at 41 weeks, and I went into labor that night.  If I had it to do over, I would have declined the NST. 

hang in there! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    41 weeks, 1 day is something that I have read many places, which I think is based on this study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2342739 (note that 274 days is 39.14 weeks, but that is counting from ovulation not LMP, so add 2 weeks to get to 41 weeks).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"