Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Blighted Ovums - Come In

Hi all-

I went to the Doctor today at what should be 7 weeks and had an empty sac. I will go back in one week for a follow up u/s to see if perhaps my dates were off and I am earlier than I thought. This will be a dreadful week, as I am trying not to keep my hopes up but at the same time I just really "feel" pregnant. I know that you can have some similar symptoms with this, but I feel the same as I did when I was pregnant with my daughter -really tired, sore boobs, nauseous, extremely irritable, etc. (Alternatively, I had a m/c in January and I never felt that symptomatic with that pregnancy).  I am just wondering, for those of you that this happened to, were you very symptomatic? If anyone feels like sharing their story I would like to hear it.

TIA.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Blighted Ovums - Come In

• I didn't have any symptoms except fatigue with this Blighted Ovum mm/c or my first pregnancy with DS. I did have a super high anxiety on my way to my initial appointment and had a feeling that there was something off with the pregnancy.

I hope your dates are wrong.  Good luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP 2/17/12 EDD 10/24/12 MM/C 3/22/12 D&C 3/27, 4/4, 4/9
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Hi there. I had a lot of pregnancy symptoms with my blighted ovum. I was absolutely exhausted, excruciatingly sore boobs, food aversions. I had those symptoms basically until the day I started bleeding. It was a nasty tease from the universe.

Do you think there is a chance your dates are actually off? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Pregnancy Ticker
    image <3 Suzyq 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJennyP0222:

Hi there. I had a lot of pregnancy symptoms with my blighted ovum. I was absolutely exhausted, excruciatingly sore boobs, food aversions. I had those symptoms basically until the day I started bleeding. It was a nasty tease from the universe.

Do you think there is a chance your dates are actually off? 

If there is a chance, it is a very slight one. I'm pretty sure my dates were right on. Thanks for sharing - I have been saying to my husband that this feels like a bad joke from the universe, too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well I will send T&P your way and hope for the best!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Pregnancy Ticker
    image <3 Suzyq 
  • I really hope your dates are just off, but with a blighted ovum, your hcg rises at first like a regular pregnancy, then plateaus and then drops. I was having pregnancy symptoms as well, pretty much just like with my DD - kind of sore boobs, super sense of smell. I started miscarrying yesterday. Like I said, I really hope you're just earlier than you thought, but I don't want to give you false hope because of the symptoms.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• I had a blighted ovum with pregnancy symptoms also.  Because I waited for natural m/c, we were monitoring my hcg level regularly, and found that my numbers continued to rise (though slowly) for 2-3 weeks after the development had stopped.  Identifiable symptoms like food aversions pretty much continued until then.  Less obvious ones like fatigue continued longer for me, but it could have been from the emotional stress... so a little hard to tell.  

I'm really sorry you're in this horrible waiting period - I know how long that one week feels like.   And I really hope that you find results that you're wishing for next week.  

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"