April 2011 Moms

Milk transition .. Help!

I'm heading back to work next week.. I am trying my DD with goats milk or whole milk in a sippy and she just won't have it.  Today I tried mixing milk with my breast milk and she is still not drinking much.  I know how important milk is at this stage and I don't know what to do to get her drink it.. Can any one help provide suggestions??? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Milk transition .. Help!

• Is she used to drinking from a sippy? My DD drinks all milk from a bottle still since she never drinks enough from her sippy cup.
    TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• imagevilaro:
    Is she used to drinking from a sippy? My DD drinks all milk from a bottle still since she never drinks enough from her sippy cup.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Tackling two transitions at once is hard.

• Loading the player...
  • I guess I would need a little more back story...while transitioning, have you gone cold turkey off formula or breast milk, or have you been mixing?

Also, my daughter had a hard time with the sippy/bottle transition.  We are still in the process of eliminating the bottle, but after 4 months of having water in the sippy, she is just now drinking milk out of it.  We are 2 bottles of milk now and 2 cups of milk...but the bottle I think is more for me.  It's the only time I get to snuggle with her!

Just keep offering the cup.  She'll get there if she is thirsty enough and has no bottle as an alternative.

Stephanie Hsu
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"