June 2012 Moms
Options

2nd time moms-question re: essentials for diapering

So, I got this neat little carrier at my shower yesterday. It is to put diapering stuff in so you can carry it around the house or take it with you in the car, it has one large pocket in the middle for diapers and little pockets around the outside for misc. diapering things (wipes, etc.). My question is what else besides wipes and diaper ointment/cream should I keep handy for diaper changes????

Re: 2nd time moms-question re: essentials for diapering

• Options
    A portable folding changing pad & hand sanitizer for those moments when you can't go wash your hands.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I carry around small plastics bags too for the poopy diapers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What PPs said. Plus, if you plan on taking it out of the house, an extra outfit or sleeper and maybe a toy or 2 to keep baby distracted.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You won't need it right away, but eventually you'll want a toy to distract LO. I'd also put a disposable changing pad in there (like these: https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4311939).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We kept a changing pad in our room and a second one in the living room downstairs. Lots and lots of wipes, disposable baggies (we used the kind you get for doggies) and cream.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If you have 2 stories in your home, I'd keep a basket upstairs and one down- I would also add a onesie and pants to the basket/carrier, just incase you encouter a poonami.
  • Options
    What everyone else said lol but also a small thing of powder. Summertime babies like it.
  • Options
    Agree on the extra pants/outfit!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    powder (we didn't use powder until DD was a couple months old- it's not good for them to breathe in) and changing pad.  You really don't need much.  We also didn't use diaper cream until much later on and only needed it once or twice when DD was teething and got a little red.  She never got a true diaper rash.  We just used vaseline the first month because she pooped A LOT!
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options

Asquared--LOL @ poonami!

Great suggestions so far. If you're having a boy and he's having a circumcision, a small tube of petroleum jelly is good for the first couple of weeks. Also good for the first couple of weeks are the individually wrapped alcohol wipes (like the kind you get in first aid kits) for the belly button stump. You'll probably be able to get some from the hospital if you ask.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"