Pre-School and Daycare

Normal or just over-emotional?

Last Friday, I got a call that my son had gotten hurt at daycare and needed to be taken to be seen. Of course, my first thoughts was that something was seriously wrong if they wanted me to get there so quick so I was very worried. I got to the daycare and the teacher, who just happens to be my fiance's friend from high school, brought him out to me and seemed kind of paniced. She told me they had been playing on the playground and he had been pushed to the ground from 5 feet up. My son is 2+ years old and he was pushed by a 7 year old!

I was furious and wanted to know more but shifted my attention to getting him to the hospital. Luckily he did not break anything but did hurt his arm to the point where he needed pain killers. After I got him out of the hospital, I drove back to the daycare to find the mother of the other kid b!tching out the teacher saying that my TWO year old had been taunting her son. My son is very soft spoken, he hardly talks to other kids and is one of the most innocent children that I have ever come across.

The teacher argued with her saying that she had been outside and saw her son block my son from getting past him and without saying anything, shoved him off the edge. Then the psycho b!tch, which is what I now refer her to, told me that my son was a disciplinary issue and that I was a bad mother. I simply replied, "I don't want to hear of your kid being around my baby again," and just quietly left.

I came home and put him down to take a nap, and told my fiance about it. Like any father figure would be, he was angry and wanted to know what happened. I was still upset and had contemplated canceling my plans for the night, which had included a Bruce Springsteen concert, but he convinced me to go so I did.

The next morning I was tired and emotional and got into a small argument with my fiance about how upset I was over it. He held me to calm me down and I chilled out a bit. But this morning, I refused to bring him back to the daycare and brought him to my mom's instead. Nothing against the daycare, just a little weary at the moment.

Is this normal or am I just being over emotional and need to mellow out a bit?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Normal or just over-emotional?

• Was just putting that out there.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • image-auntie-:

I think you need a new day care. Is this an in-home setting?

Forget the whether your son was annoying the seven or not. Your son, at two, doesn't belong on the same equipment at the same time with a seven. That's on the DCP.They allowed your two year old 5' in the air without a spotter- that's over his head. That not providing good care.

I don't understnad what your FI or the Springsteen concert have to do with your story.

ditto this.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would question the set up of this daycare.  At the center where my kids are and the others we looked at, the kids 2 1/2 and under had a separate playground area with equipment that was made for kids that age.  The older kikds playground (2 1/2 and up) is separated from the toddled playground by a fence.  The gate between the 2 has a child proof lock on it.  My daycare has a school age program for 1/2 day kindy kids and before and after for up to grade 5 and for vacations.  The school age kids are never on the playground when the preschoolers (ages 2 1/2 to 4) are on the playground.  They ahve set times when the kids are outside and they must follow these.  Also, any discussion on what happened and who was involved should not have happened as it did.  Honestly, who was involved should not have been shared.  You should have received a report (at my center, this is written and the director signs off and the teacher who witness does the writing).  Each parent gets their own copy.  The other child that was involved should not have been shared as it is not your issue to address that part of it.  The director/teacher should have addessed the situation with each family in private.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Ditto everyone else. I have to say, I don't envy that kid's future teachers with a mom like that.
  • I'd be leaving the daycare.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"