Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Which party time is less annoying?

I feel like I post this every year, but my original plans never work out. You would think a summer, non-holiday birthday would be easy.

Anyway, DS's birthday is on Friday, June 15th. Original plan was Saturday the 16th but I literally cannot find anywhere to have it. We want to have it outside at a pavilion at one of the local parks, but I guess because of graduations, etc. there are just none I can get that day.

So that leaves me with either Friday evening, probably at about 530-6pm or Sunday which happens to be Father's Day. Neither is great, but I'm leaning toward Friday. We ended up having it on his actual birthday last year which was a Wednesday and it was fine, because mostly everyone is local and it's summer time so it seems like people are more willing to be out and about in the evenings during the week.

Having it at our house isn't really an option due to space, so that's why I am kind of stuck with the date. What do you think?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Which party time is less annoying?

• Options
    Could you do it the week after? I know that around here, traffic is awful on Fridays, so people tend to get home on the later side. It would be annoying to get home and immediately need to leave again. Father's day wouldn't go over well either.
  • Options

imageAgrippaRidesAgain:
    Could you do it the week after? I know that around here, traffic is awful on Fridays, so people tend to get home on the later side. It would be annoying to get home and immediately need to leave again. Father's day wouldn't go over well either.

Oh, that might work. I don't know why I never thought of that. Still not sure if I can get something for Saturday since that seems to be the popular day, but at least if it had to be Sunday it wouldn't be Father's Day. Thanks!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

do it the week after or before.

Because of scheduling issues, one of DD's friends has her party 3 weeks after her actual birthday - none of the kids cared.  Her mom just had ice cream for her at home the day of her party.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Fathers day is a No for sure. I say Friday night or do it the weekend after his birthday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DD's birthday is Dec 28th and we had her bday party 2 weeks after her real birthday and probably will every year since it's smack between xmas and new years. On her real birthday we invited Grandparents to meet us at a local ice cream parlor for a mini celebration. I think it was just our family and 4 other people.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I would be fine with 5:30 on a Friday, but I don't have any younger kids and I WAH (not sure what time the people you're inviting are done with work). If you're inviting families with much smaller children, this might be an issue. For DD, though, at almost 4, a dinnertime birthday party would be perfect.

I would avoid scheduling anything on Father's Day.  

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageShanJosh777:

imageAgrippaRidesAgain:

Oh, that might work. I don't know why I never thought of that. Still not sure if I can get something for Saturday since that seems to be the popular day, but at least if it had to be Sunday it wouldn't be Father's Day. Thanks!

I agree. A party on a Friday evening seems like a bad choice, as everyones so tired by the end of the week. I'd vote for the following saturday or sunday, for sure. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would do either the week before or the week after.  DD's birthday is June 14th and we're having her party on June 9th.  June 16th is her dance recital and as you mentioned, June 17th is Father's Day.  We also have been running into the same problem - a lot of places are mostly booked and the times that are left are pretty inconvenient.  Good luck!
    Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • Options
    Can you do it earlier?  My friend had her DS's party 3 weeks before his bday because that was the closest available date at the venue she wanted. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I wouldn't attend a party on a Friday evening...everyone is so tired at that point.  I'd do it the weekend prior to the actual birthday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    There is no way I could even get to a bday party at 5 or 530. I'm not going to get off work early for a child's bday party. I may could do six but it would be a stretch. I'd only go if it was a close friend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"