Two Under 2
Options

Shettles method .. Your experience!

Anyone attempt to use this method while TTC? Did it work? DH and I are beginning our TTC journey for baby 2, and figured I'd throw this question out there to see if anyone  feels like this actually works! I doubt we will even try it and would be thrilled with a healthy boy or girl, but I'm intrigued...! Tia!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Shettles method .. Your experience!

• Options
    We did NOT use the shettled method, but based on the times we dtd and my ovulation, it would be correct ( I have two boys). Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We didn't try to use shettles method, but it worked out for us regardless.  With DS we BD 1 days before O.  With DD#1 we BD 3 days before O.  With DD#2 we BD 2 days before O, and with DD#3 (current pg) we BD 4 days before O.
    imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't purposely attempt the shettles method, but I was charting and know I DTD 5 days before O and got pregnant. Theoretically, my son should have been a daughter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We didn't do it on purpose but I guess it "worked" for us. For DD1 we had sex 5 days before O [and not again until after O, charting]. For DD2 we had sex 4 days before O [and not again until after O, again, charting]. Baby #3 was a huge surprise and I'm not sure how it works because I was on the pill, but according to my EDD I O'd on NYE and we had sex the night before...so Boy. We'll find out in September.
    DD1 October 2008
    DD2 October 2010
    DS September 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Halloween tickers
  • Options
    we were somewhat using the shettles method... but we won't know if it "worked" for a long while yet. regardless we are just hoping for a happy & healthy child.
  • Options
    We tried the Shettles Method but my cycle was wonky (of course) the month we conceived.  (The previous months were like clock work!)  I still think the timing should shift the odds in our "favor" but won't know for several more weeks if it worked.  GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Temping & using CBEFM to conceive both kids -- DS1 "should have been" a boy, so he was "right".  DS2 -- sex four days before ovulation, none til several days after.  He "should have been" a girl, but is indeed all boy. Stick out tongue

So we're 50/50 here.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageKC_13:
    I didn't purposely attempt the shettles method, but I was charting and know I DTD 5 days before O and got pregnant. Theoretically, my son should have been a daughter.

Same here! We weren't really TTC and I actually thought I was far enough from O to not get pg. But I did, with a boy!

DS1, I know we DTD on O-day, so the formula works for hime.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagesxyhrdrssr:
    We did NOT use the shettled method, but based on the times we dtd and my ovulation, it would be correct ( I have two boys). Good luck!

Exact same for us. With both we dtd on a Thursday and I ovulated on Friday.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When other scientific studies have been done (besides Shettles himself) on this method the theory has actually not held up, and for people trying to conceive a girl it can interfere with being able to conceive by not catching the egg. Both my babies are O day sexin' and we have one of each. You'll find a lot of people swear by this method just b/c there are only two outcomes, so the possibility is high that a person will get what they want. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"