Pre-School and Daycare

Anyone else have a naked child?

My three year old does not keep clothes on. She prefers to be naked all the time. We have made her put on panties when she is in the yard, but DH thinks creepers are checking her out. The minute we walk in the house, even in bed, her clothes just slip right off. Normal?  Do you have boundaries or rules?
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Anyone else have a naked child?

• Pretty normal around here, though not as much these days. Our backyard has a wood fence, so it'd be pretty hard for anyone to watch them. They already been skinny dipping in the baby pool this year, but DD has decided not to do that anymore after sand from the sandbox got in the pool and irritated her privates.

Rules include: if family is over, you have to wear underwear. If someone else is over, you have to wear clothes.

And the big rule: you must wear underwear when playing with blocks. Poor DS, that was a traumatic afternoon when we made that rule.

The former jen5/03.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• DS #2 is like that.  With #1 and well with #2 but #2 wouldn't comply, we had rules starting at age 2 that you had to have pants on when company was over or in the front yard.  I even had someone in my neighborhood call CPS last winter because #2 had just started potty training and would strip constantly in the front yard, in Feb.  Granted I live in CA so I went with the if he's cold he'll leave his cloths on but I guess the neighbors decided I was a horrible mother Smile.
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter just turned 4 and her naked phase has been going on for over 2 years.  Our rules are that she must have clothes on whenever she leaves the house and when other people come over.  Inside the house she does wear underwear without question so we didn't have to fight that one.  She also knows that if someone comes to the door she has to go "hide" in the back of the house or up in her room so they don't see her naked.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DD likes to run around naked but we enforce an underwear minimum for in the house. She must be completely dressed to go outside.  

If someone, even if it's just grandma, is coming over she has to be dressed too.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • CD+ALCD+AL member
    I read this earlier, and I thought..."Nope, that doesn't happen here."  Then a little later I literally turn around as DS was talking, and he jumped out at me completely naked and did a little jig while laughing hysterically.  He was just fully clothed 30sec before, so I don't know what to say other than I guess it's at least kind of normal.

• Totally normal around here! We're cool with it in the house. He needs to be fully dressed if we have visitors. He needs at least undies in the back yard, which has a privacy fence that some neighbors can see over. 

Natural hospital birthing, babywearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, Baby Led Weaning, milk donating, extended breastfeeding, fully vaxing, extended rear facing SAHM to:
  • Yep, all the time!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageCD+AL:
    I read this earlier, and I thought..."Nope, that doesn't happen here."  Then a little later I literally turn around as DS was talking, and he jumped out at me completely naked and did a little jig while laughing hysterically.  He was just fully clothed 30sec before, so I don't know what to say other than I guess it's at least kind of normal.

Simply further proof that they can read our minds!

The former jen5/03.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"