June 2012 Moms

I have 2 stupid questions...

Ok, ok, I know there's no such thing as a "stupid question" but I just feel so silly since this is LO #3 and I've been through this before. But please bear with me...

1. What do NEW stretch marks look like?

I got lots of stretch marks when I was pregnant with DS, and they didn't change much when I was pregnant with DD. So I know what they look like after the fact, but I'm trying to determine if I'm getting new ones with this pregnancy. I feel like I am, but now all my stretch marks look the same. Even my old ones are darkening as they're re-stretched, so I'm not sure I  can tell the new ones (if there are any) from the old ones. 

2. Are these BH contractions?

Occasionally I have a feeling of tightness in my lower belly, which I know is associated with BHs, but it doesn't really feel like my uterus so much as LO is pushing outwards and against my belly (but it's not in one spot or something obvious like a knee poking out). Does that make sense?

These are so silly, but I appreciate any feedback! TIA :) 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I have 2 stupid questions...

• I dont know about the stretch marks but I think you could be experiencing BH. I know what you mean...I feel LO and almost feel like its his head or something that is almost protruding out of my belly and then my belly feels really hard. Anyway, I also sometimes just feel like my belly is hard. I may be wrong but I think its BH.
  • I was thinking the same thing about the stretch marks... This is my 3rd too and with my first they were bright pink/red and then faded... I never got any with #2 but with this one they look different just because they are stretching... I don't think I have new ones b/c they still look white and not pink... I think when baby comes they will look like before! You are probably having BH - each one is so different and i think we try and block it out!!! lol

• Loading the player...
  • My guess is that you are seeing old stretch marks just changing a bit.  Most of my Mom friends said they really didn't get any new ones with #2...and I'm going with that theory.  My old ones are actually lighter right now, but my guess is they'll be nice and dark again once DD is born.

I am getting a lot of pressure in my lower belly too.  It comes in waves, but it's usually when I'm exerting myself.  I had a really bad one this morning while carrying DD into daycare, I actually thought my bladder was getting involved and that I was going to pee myself.  I don't know if they are BH or not.  They certainly don't feel like cramps or the contractions I had with DD. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"